Any way to get rid of foxes without killing them?

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
A fox family moved into the wood pile next to my house. But I have a small dog and I like to give him the run of the yard (he knows where his territory ends and would never go in the road, woods, etc.). I'm afraid that in a few months when they're bigger they might pose a threat to him.

They're cute as hell. I'll see if I can get a picture later on.

se7en

Platinum Member
Oct 23, 2002
I have never heard of a fox killing a dog unless they were rabid. I thought they were more reclusive?

EDIT: Unles its a firefox in which case you have to watch those bishes.

Analog

Lifer
Jan 7, 2002
They may carry rabies, which is a hazard to your dog. Get rid of the wood pile, and they'll leave.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Roll some pancakes down the hill. The foxes will chase the pancakes and be gone.

polarbear6

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2008
What, my mother used to tell me that foxes are as dangerous as bears or lions or tigers !!

If I was you, I wouldn't have bothered about my dog, I would have bothered about myself !!!

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Haven't you read Fantastic Mr. Fox ? They are smarter than you are. You're only move is to appease them by giving them all your wealth and fleeing the country.
And even then you are only safe if they are in a generous mood.

?

EDIT: wow, apparently there is a movie on Fantastic Mr. Fox coming soon:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0432283/

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: ironwing
Roll some pancakes down the hill. The foxes will chase the pancakes and be gone.

This, FTW! :D Rolling pancakes can solve 99% of the world's problems; if only the people would LISTEN...