Any way to get out of a car lease with 18 payments left?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Chiropteran
Originally posted by: Crazymofo

Large down-payment but I rolled some neg-equity...

Then by paying your lease payments you ARE paying off debt. That neg-equity will be gone when you finish out the lease.

yeah but it'll take until Sept of 2005 to pay it off and I for sure cannot wait that long.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
I got out from under a 4 year lease on a crewcab dually with 2 1/2 years left. I sold it for the payoff on the contract. If you owe more than it's worth you're screwed, blued and tattoed.

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy
I got out from under a 4 year lease on a crewcab dually with 2 1/2 years left. I sold it for the payoff on the contract. If you owe more than it's worth you're screwed, blued and tattoed.

I just called Ford Credit and they said I can do the same thing... even if I owe more it would be better than paying it off over time... I could probably have about $4000 saved by the end of April.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
02 Focus ZX3
:Q:Q You should be able to buy one for less than $400/mo for 3-4 years!! :Q:Q

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Vic
02 Focus ZX3

I know, I know... it was a very bad idea at the time but it was one of very few options and there was two people paying for the car and now it's just me. To be honest it was the worst possible option to choose at the time but I was an idiot.:|:(

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: redly1
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Get someone to take it over

- M4H

Canada - bah, you hoser

He's in Ann Arbor MI, you ball-gargler. Plenty close to the GTA. Why don't you try clearing the cocksnot out from between your teeth before you try to say something smart?
rolleye.gif

- M4H

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Vic
02 Focus ZX3

$400*36 months = $14400 and that doesn't even count any down payment....
New ZX3 "Premium" package MSRP = $15500!

My heart goes out to you, CrazyMofo, you got RAPED!

biffbacon

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2003
02 Focus ZX3

lol, for 400$ a month? at the mercedes dealer by my house, you can get a left over 2003 slk 230 convertible lease for 397$ a month.

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Originally posted by: biffbacon
02 Focus ZX3

lol, for 400$ a month? at the mercedes dealer by my house, you can get a left over 2003 slk 230 convertible lease for 397$ a month.

Trust me I wouldn't buy it at this time in my life... I made a really stupid mistake and I have paid for it.

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
I really don't mean to rub salt in your wounds, but I bought (and am still paying for) an '01 Focus SE Sedan and my payments are $300/month.

That's with a 5 year loan and negative equity on my wife's POS Sunfire that we turned in.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
People....stop saying how stupid he is for getting into the lease paying $400 for a Ford Focus. He admitted it was stupid and is paying for it and taking it like a man. You only options are to get someone to take the lease (doubtful) or to find out what the payoff is for the lease and sell the car trying to get as close to the payoff amount as possible. LEsson learned....don't lease and don't buy a new car unless you are stupid and/or rich.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Bend me over and do me raw. You're paying $400/month for an 02 focus LEASE? That is NOT right. Did you roll your medical school tuition in when you said neg equity?!

Iwas thinking thee same thing!! I don't pay that much /month for my '04 Impala LS

Sysadmin

Crazymofo

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Get someone to take it over

- M4H

Canada - bah, you hoser

He's in Ann Arbor MI, you ball-gargler. Plenty close to the GTA. Why don't you try clearing the cocksnot out from between your teeth before you try to say something smart?
rolleye.gif

- M4H

wow, aren't you a sensitive one

I thought it was quite funny... but me and M4H are on the same level...