Any way to disable the movie at UT start up?

Bignate603

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
I want to get rid of that silly mvie when you boot UT, can't seem to find an option to do it.

JayPatel

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
hit the tilde key to popup the console and type in

timedemo 1

is that what u were looking for?

nippyjun

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
you need to edit the ut.ini file.. .look for where it says city intro and replace it with Entry.unr

edblor

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2000
Going with my link and it's twaeking suggestions, will totally bypass the startup screen and straight to the UT splash screen!

Then you hit F4 to bring up the server list and F5 to refresh if need be!!

Edblor

EmperorNero

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2000
the tweak guide's suggestion doesn't work edblor, it would bypass the gaming intro but it displayed a logo instead..and you would still have to press escape to get to the main screen.

edblor

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2000
darn

Worked for me!!

I'm not sure you can totally bypass the splash screen altogether! I think youmay always have to hit escape!

This is what I do:

Start UT,
Hit escape after is says caching...twice,
hit F4,

And I'm in!!!

It may be the fastest way! You'll always have to hit something, whether it be escape, or F4, or F5 to refresh the server list!

Hope that helps!

Good luck,

Edblor

edblor

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2000
Ahhhh,

in the ut.ini file, you should be able to set it to hit escape for you automatically!

The ini file allows you to input commands at startup! Try inputting something like bypass the intro movie, hit escape twice, hit F4 (for the server list) and wait!!

Maybe that will work dood,

Either way,

I wish you the best of luck and LMK if this helps, or if ya want me to just shut-up...:)

Edblor

edblor

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2000
hey,

That was meant for EmperorNero! I liked how he ruled wayback when..You know, in the good 'ole days...when sleeping with your sis was cool.......;)lol and j/k

I'll be quite now.....heh

Edblor

Bignate603

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
there is a file you can insert that makes it so you don't have to hit escape

go to
This site
and go to maps, the first file is an alternate UT Logo file that you can use. Shows a rocket fly by then kicks you into the menu, very nice. You download the module, get the file UT-Logo-Map][ into your maps folder and change the ini file to look that file instead of the others.

EmperorNero

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2000

<< That was meant for EmperorNero! I liked how he ruled wayback when..You know, in the good 'ole days...when sleeping with your sis was cool.......lol and j/k

I'll be quite now.....heh
>>

oh yeah..I also love back in the old days how people could spell correctly :)

(I know, I know, it's a typo)

bignate, the reference to that file was in the link I gave you..I asked the very same question before and desertfox gave me the link to that map which doesn't need pressing escape to bypass it.

Bignate603

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
i know, hehe, thanks, edblor just was going on about how you could get the ini file to hit escape, thoughhe missed your link. should have credited youand desertfox for it though.