Any TV techie's here? I have pink stripes on my new TV :(

Oct 16, 1999
First of all the model is a Panasonic CT27D10. Got one of these TV's for Chrsitmas and it had what looked like pink and green vertical stripes on the screen. The stripes were static, about 5 inches in width, alternated pink-green-pink-green from left to right across the width of the screen, and ran up and down the entire height. Very noticeable on a blank (black) video display, also distorted the colors on any displayed image. Took the TV back for an exchange today and I'll be damned if the replacement has the exact same problem. I'd like to know what would cause this and if it's fixable or if I'll need to exchange the TV yet again. And no, there aren't any speakers positioned near my TV.

Jugernot

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Try plugging it into a different outlet in the house, On the oposite side if possible. Sometimes a power outlet with have bad wire which will cause the power to be somewhat dirty (very scientific term). If that still doesn't fix the problem, take it back again. If the new one exibits the same problem, the store you got it from probably got a bad batch from the manufacturer.

btw: have you tried to plug it in at the store?

RDSport323

Mar 28, 2000
I'm guessing, do you have anything magnetic next to your TV? like non-shielded spekaers, or... anything that has some sort of metal... try putting oneup to the tv, and you'll begin to see rainbows... tell me if that resembles what you are getting.

Oct 16, 1999
I think I'll just have to take it back again. I have tried unhooking all the inputs again, bypassing the surge protector I was using, and trying a different wall socket. Again there are no speakers or anything else within probably 10 or 12 feet that could be causing a magnetic distortion. I had a smaller TV previous to this in the exact same spot using the exact same outlet and it didn't have this problem. None of the many reveiws for this model at audioreview.com have listed this problem (until mine) but I did notice that a lot of folks seemed to be having a "pink stripe" problem with there 27' Wega. I know this because I was thinking on maybe getting one of those isntead of another Panasonic. Damn.