Any thoughts on Xenadrine, Stacker 2, etc type pills?

hevnsnt

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
Has anyone tried any of the fast fat burners like Stacker 2? Does anyone have any opinions on these (Now I know you will) I am thinking about trying it..

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Is that one that contains effedrine?
If so, be warned that it can be potentially hazardous to people that have heart problems.

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
I've used a similar one, Xenadrine, with good success. You really have to work out with it though.

I took it when it had the ephedrine in it, but i think there's a new non-ephedrine formula

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
They work to some extent. Be careful with these as they can jack your blood pressure through the roof. If your family has any history of this kinda stuff, I'd steer clear. You're really better off just adding more aerobic exercise to your weekly routine and being mindful of what you eat. You're fooling yourself if you think you can lose any weight by just taking an ACE stack.

Fausto

hevnsnt

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
Well I have recently started working out (last 3 months) and I am not losing like I want.. Just wondering if this might help a little..

How about the Xenadrine without effedrine? Would that be better?

nihil

Golden Member
Feb 13, 2002
this kind of stuff does work, but just be careful. it can lead to serious problems if you use it excessively. after all, it is basically speed.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Yes. The ephedrine is the main culprit in jacking blood pressure.

If you're not losing what you want, you need to take a serious look at how much you are eating. Keep a diary of everything you eat for a week and see what kind of caloric intake you've got vs your output (BMR + exercise). You need a deficit of 3500 kcal to lose one pound of fat. This is a handy Excel spreadsheet listing calories found in common foods. Hope that helps.

Fausto

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Bascially anything ending in "ine" is a stimulant. Their primary goal is to put your metabolism into hyperdrive.

Something that exercise can do as well, more safely, and with far more health benefits instead of detriments.

yakko

Lifer
Apr 18, 2000

<< Any thoughts on Xenadrine, Stacker 2, etc type pills? >>

Don't take them.

hevnsnt

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
Well I have already tried diet and exercise.. Mentioned earlier in the thread.. I have been working out for 3 months now, and I have not lost much of anything..

AngelSentFromUpAbove

Feb 25, 2001

<< I bought Xenadrine EFX (ephedrine free) and I have lost 6lbs in 4 days. >>

Don't get your hopes up, those 6 pounds could be water weight.