Any thoughts on the VD-Z3

mcmikemc

Jan 20, 2005
Well the 360 is coming out soon and that means the spot were my Xbox sits will have a new white box sitting in it's place soon. I still want to play my Xbox from time to time since I have modded it and hove 1,000's of games on it.

I just recently bought a 2005FPW and don't use the VGA port on it so I figured I would use that for the Xbox. I did a little reading and found this product:

http://www.vdigi.com/index.php?option=content&task=blogcategory&id=67&Itemid=28

One of the key features I like about this one is that it allows the monitor to display the MS dashboard that is in 480i. Most other adaptors I have found can't do this.

I just wanted to know what the community here thinks about this product before I buy it. If there is a better solutions for what I want to do I am all ears.

Comp625

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2000
Amazing device. Picture quality is fantastic. If anything, it exaggerates the aliasing in games if the developer did not implement an anti-aliasing scheme (because on regular televisions, many games are naturally anti-aliased). But that's only with much older XBox games.

sheElf

Jul 17, 2005
Oh yeah this little device is nothing but amazing. like screwface said nothing can go wrong with it. i have one of this for ages and enjoy myself playing ps2 and xbox games on my old 21" crt. definitely a cheap solution to play hd game as a next-gen consoles companion. unlike x2vga, vdz3 is not restricted to xbox only, it is compatible with anything that can do progressive scan or hd and use component cables.

mcmikemc

Jan 20, 2005
Well I am glad nobody has had any issues with it and likes it so much.

I think I will order it in a day a two.

JonnyBlaze

Diamond Member
May 24, 2001
so will this work for any component out source? iv been looking for the same thing to hook a HD cable box to my 2005fp.