Any succesfull overclocks on a Tyan board?

mooseracing

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2006
I'm running dual opty 270's....and of course i would like to squeeze more out of them. I've read some success of the older bios on my tyan board (can't remem model right now). I might try that route.

I looking for any sucess on any of their boards whether AMD or Intel. I've tried CPU FSB but nothing is recognized properly. I've tried Ntune but it crashes the PC, but like I said people had sucess on older versions of the bios.

I know it's a server board and not meant for this, but i feel lackluster knowing my optys could be pushed so much further. Its like have a v8 but only running on 6 most of the time.

sutahz

Golden Member
Dec 14, 2007
since server boards arent used (at all/very much) by your everyday user (overclocker or not) I'm guessing your searching for the needle in the haystack. I also will venture to say server mobo's have no overclockability. not to say its IMpossible, but to say a modded bios is not really possible.
As you have read that older BIOS's had some sucess, search for it again and see what you can find. Its not like you have a V8 but only 6 are running *all of the time, its like you have a V6 and you cant supercharge it.
Open up your case, get an eye's on verification of your mobo & rev (1.0, 2.0, 1.0e etc), find bios's (OEM and/or mod'd) and take it from there.

myocardia

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2003
PM Duvie. He used to have dual Opteron 270's running @ 2.5 Ghz, and it seems like he was using a Tyan motherboard.

mooseracing

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2006
Tried Duvie..he said he had a diff board.

I think i've tried every software out there. Maybe I can find some cheap 290's.

So another bump