Any stanford students here? Need suggestions on best place to pick up some sweatshirts and other stanford stuff

LordSnailz

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
title says it all, I need to pick some stanford school stuff, sweatshirts, tshirts, caps, towels, etc ... is the bookstore or the stanford store the best place? I thought I remember seeing a stand by el camino that sold them too?

LtPage1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2004
I'm not a Stanford student, but in my experience there's nothing sold on any campus that's not ridiculously overpriced. Look for the stand, or maybe even search around online if you don't need the stuff immediately.

enwar3

Golden Member
Jun 26, 2005
I'm a freshman at Stanford. Why do you need Stanford stuff? (just curious)

The bookstore and the Stanford Store on campus are both pretty expensive ($50-60 a sweatshirt) but sales happen pretty frequently. I've bought one sweatshirt from the bookstore, but that's it.

wwswimming

Banned
Jan 21, 2006
my Mom gave me a huge red Stanford sweatshirt which i never
wore. she and i both went there.

i prefer to tell people i went to a junior university near Palo Alto.

anyway, if you go to a used clothing store in Palo Alto, there
may well be piles and piles of barely-used Stanford sweatshirts.

LordSnailz

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Thanks - it's a gift for a friend ... the reason I asked about the stand was I didn't want to get anything that was too cheap in quality. I know the stuff from the bookstore are ridiculously expensive but they sweatshirts there last. Since this was a gift I don't want to just die on her. Guess I just gotta wait for one of their big sales. :)

Paul Ma

Oct 9, 1999
Go to the Stanford Store next to the Treehouse, they're having a 50% sale that's good until 10:00 pm tonight.

Feb 19, 2001
I have a Stanfurd t-shirt from the student store.

Anyways, just be sure to use the coupons and get in on sales.

I need to get myself some gear before I graduate.