Any recommendations for business email (desktop client)?

Nov 29, 2003
I am looking for a new desktop client for my business email. I don't mind paying as long as it is good.

I'm looking for multiple inboxes and secure/encrypted communications among other things.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

PliotronX

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
I see proton mail tossed around quite a bit and they've added features like multiple boxes and aliases and custom domain support, you might want to check them out too because they started with encrypted email and added features around it.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Encryption is mostly a matter of what your email provider gives aside from solutions like gpg, which isn't hard, but isn't exactly user friendly either. I use and recommend thunderbird. It does everything I need, and isn't tied to proprietary services.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Thunderbird with Enigmail will do those things. I don't know how it compares to other modern email systems though.

Reactions: PliotronX

PliotronX

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
Oh shoot "desktop client" yeah thatd be Thunderbird. I run the special optimized build from Tete Atelier ("early bird") and there is a nicer version but I havent messed with it much called mailbird which used to look a lot like thunderbird and I think could even use the extensions like enigmail but I'm not so sure. If your existing mail accounts are exchange based, you're going to want to stick with outlook.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
+1 for Thunderbird.

-1 for Win10 Mail, unless you really like the idea of a mail client sitting unusable for minutes because it had a problem retrieving mail then doesn't tell you what the problem was, and the requirement of an cloud account if you want the amazingly advanced feature called a 'contacts list'.

Reactions: corkyg

Plar

Aug 6, 2018
Try the ProtonMail. Messages are stored on ProtonMail servers in encrypted form. They are also encrypted between our servers and user devices. Messages between ProtonMail users are also transmitted in encrypted form within our secure network of servers. And since the data is in any case encrypted, the risk of intercepting messages is largely eliminated.