Any place i can buy loadbars without rj45?

pcm81

Mar 11, 2011
Over the years i ended up buying a bunch of RJ45 connectors. Most came with very crappy load bars and so i used up the load bars from my decent load bar connector pool. I like load bars from
StarTech.com Cat 6 RJ45 Modular Plug for Solid Wire - 50 Pack (CRJ45C6SOL50)

And yes i can just buy another pack of 100 for $15, which i already did. But never the less that still leaves me with more connectors than decent load bars. Anyone know where i can buy decent quality load bars without the whole rj45? I like the cat6 load bars with individual holes for the wires, not just guiding nipples and not the ones that let wires stick out of the back...

Thanks ahead

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
WTF is a "load bar"? Are we talking keystone punchdown jacks? Or crimp-on connectors?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I think he means the slides/guides that can fit into certain crimp on's....kinda bear the "load", but properly crimped cabled don't necessarily need it, it's just extra protection I guess...

pcm81

Mar 11, 2011
Crimp RJ 45s come in 3 flavours:
1. Most PITA: No holes and no load bars, forcing user to fight with short wires trying to align them up to the crimp down contacts.
2. Less PITA: Connectors have holes in the front allowing wires to be longer and fed through the connector body. After crimping the excess wires are cut off. The problem with these is that they leave exposed wires at the tip of the connector.
3. Connectors that use load bars. The connector body is hollow while a separate piece of plastic with holes for the wires and contact blades is used to align the wires, Then the user trims the wires at the load bar and inserts the whole assembly into the connector for crimping. https://showmecables-static.scdn3.s...6d221abfe/c/a/cat6-connector-with-guide-1.jpg
The loadbars come in at-least 2 flavours. With holes to separate and guide the wires and with "nipples" to guide the wires. Don't bother with the ones that do not have dedicated foles, wires can skip over the guiding nipple and mess up alignment when you are working the load bar down to the jacket before trimming.

Load bar is not used as a strain releaf, to bear the load. Rather it is a bar that helps "loading" the connector. Properly crimped RJ45 should have cable jacket wedged into the connector body, providing the strain releaf on the wires via the jacket.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
yup, get the jacket all the way in.

after making a few, even the "most pita" isnt too tough. i still repair stuff from time to time, but rarely make a cable to use. ..just get a prefab