Any PC gamers do this?

prism

Oct 23, 2004
Anyone here have their PC hooked up to their TV and use a controller (such as the Xbox 360 wired controller) to play certain games? I'm tempted to do this, as even though my computer is a couple years old and wasn't the highest end when I put it together, it can still crank out better graphics than my consoles. I actually prefer to use a dual-analog controller when playing an FPS; I realize I can possibly have more accurate control using a mouse and keyboard, but I feel more immersed in the game when using a controller.

I'm tempted to try this out because of this, but then I'd have to figure out how I can use a mouse and keyboard for SC2 while lying in bed :p

bart1975

Apr 12, 2011
I also so a x360 gamepad for most things. You could try using xpadder or joy2key with SC2. I use xpadder with LoL and it works for me.

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
I have a 360 wireless receiver for my pc. I like to play it, but because of my setup it's kind of a PITA to use it. I have to set up a profile in Ultramon to play on my tv, basically disabling my other 2 displays to use my tv. This fucks up all my window sizes and icons because my tv is only 720p compared to 1680x1050 on my main monitor.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Done it for 2 1/2 years or so now. I have a Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2 (wireless PS2-style controller)

Wireless mouse, wired keyboard, 1080p 47" LCD screen.

I find that the large screen is fine for day-to-day PC use as well as movies and gaming.

Zorander

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2010
I originally had a HTPC (i3-530 on 4GB RAM & IntelHD) hooked to a 55in plasma. Added a HD6850 & Logitech Rumblepad2 for gaming capabilities; Assassin's Creed series and GTAIV never looked so good and cinema-like.

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
40" 1080p and an Xbox 360 wireless controller here. My 24" LCD feels tiny (use it 99% for chats only).

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
Another Rumblepad user. I usually pipe to the TV when I'm playing racing games...the bigger screen helps it feel more "car-like," especially from helmet-cam views.

Every now and then I'll play an FPS using my wireless mouse/keyboard, but I'm just as happy using my monitor for that.

-Slacker-

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2010
I also so a x360 gamepad for most things. You could try using xpadder or joy2key with SC2. I use xpadder with LoL and it works for me.

What he said. Also, xpadder allows you to use pretty much any combination of input devices at the same time; I use a gamepad and a mouse when I play fps, for example.

I don't run anything on my tv, though, but I suppose it makes a lot of sense if you're standing at a distance from it.

xXFaNtAsMaXx

Nov 26, 2004
Usually for games that were originally released for console and ported to pc. I like to do this for racing games, GTA, Just cause.. pretty much anything with driving. I've also done it with Oblivion and that worked pretty well.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Usually for games that were originally released for console and ported to pc. I like to do this for racing games, GTA, Just cause.. pretty much anything with driving. I've also done it with Oblivion and that worked pretty well.
Just Cause 2 and Oblivion both work great in Eyefinity/Surround.
- set up 3 of those 40" TVs side by side
:eek:

i play all of my games on my PC display - it is 2560x1600 and 30"
- when i watch movies it is on my PC

My TV is only 24"
:$