Any (other) recommendations?

Aenra

Jun 24, 2017
Hello for starters (past lurker) ^^

I'm looking for a new case and i'm currently 'settled' on Thermaltake's Core X9.
( http://www.thermaltake.com/Chassis/Cube_Case_/Core/C_00002562/Core_X9/Design.htm )

Factors:
- Flat (this is a must, not getting vertical ever again)
- E-ATX (fits all, will continue to fit them all)
- Can 'fit' very long radiators either side, or at the top
- Can do the above without 'restricting' my ability to add an equivalent number of intake fans, per floor, so as to have a positive airflow (plenty of cases allow for huge rads; few allow for an equivalent number of fans on top of that)
- Allows for the above on both 'levels' (upper and lower)
- Can fit any res+pump combination and the above notwithstanding
- Can do all of the above and still leave me space for something occupying the bay area (the upmost only more like, but still); i could see me fitting a fan controller there just nicely

Was wondering if anyone has anything else in mind to recommend? With the above in mind needless to say.
Have made similar enquiries elsewhere but have yet to be told of an alternative, so.. here goes i guess :)
And thanks for reading.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
yes there are alternatives, however they cost double if not triple the price of a X9.

Hence i recommend u just getting a X9.,

I have one, and absolutely love it...
The only case i would pick over a x9 is Thermaltake Tower 900.

However its not flat... it uses silverstone's style of having the gpu's hang down, so ports are at top.
It has tempered glass panels, because real glass seems to be "cool" these days.
And it can handle 480+ size radiators with full compliment of h2o gear in a very showcase style case.

Reactions: Aenra

Aenra

Jun 24, 2017
yes there are alternatives, however they cost double if not triple the price of a X9

That was my understanding too, have only seen a couple of Caselabs cases fitting the profile and i'm a bit loath to spend $800 for like no reason. But never hurts to ask, not exactly an expert :)

Have seen the 900, but to be frank it's a bit 'too much' for me. Partly the 'wow' factor (lost on me, money for nothing) and partly i'd guess the cleaning involved; looks like too much effort (for nothing), which is a huge deterrent. Yes, i'm lazy.

Thanks for replying btw, much obliged.

Lil'John

Dec 28, 2013
I am starting a build of the 900 with the equipment in my sig. Overall, I like the quality, modularity, and general layout.

I like the vertical video card orientation. It provides less stress versus sideways. Plus being vertical with the tall case puts the output closer to the monitor(see below for size)

I don't care for the tinted glass. I wish it wasn't tinted and may replace it with non-tinted. In my opinion, it hides and mutes all the equipment inside unless you are running a LOT of lights.

I am a bit mixed on the size of it. It is HUGE. It stands every bit as tall as my desk. It really makes one want to get artsy fartsy just to fill the space up: meaning more money/time spent ;)

But the size and all the glass especially on the sides definitely require more thought in layout and other "eye catching" mods over a small glass/plastic panel directly over MB.

For radiators, I am running two 420's and could easily go 560 for both if I want to forgo large drive storage.

Reactions: Aenra