Any other Democrats and/or sane folks watch Fox news self-masochistically?

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
I do. I can't help it. I shout at the TV and pace back and forth. Is there something wrong with me?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I watch it in the mornings for 15-20 minutes while getting for work... not Fox and Friends, though. Bill Hemmer and whatever that blond chick's name is.

sonambulo

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2004
It's just 'masochistically.' If you'd like the term to be changed to 'self-masochistically' then you'll need to take it up with the Department of Redundancy Department.

To answer your question: No.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Insomniator
Yes there is something wrong with you, you're a democrat.

Ohhh, I see what you did there.

The inescapable wit of the right.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Sometimes I'll watch it for 5 or 10 minutes just to see what they're up to. I usually can't stomach much more than that. It never ceases to amaze me that the channel has 'news' in its name.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: OneOfTheseDays
I'm absolutely watching Fox News ALL DAY TODAY. I want a front row seat to the GOP meltdown.

Obama's victory tonight will be the best thing to happen for Fox/Rush/etc in the past 8 years.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
I'm absolutely watching Fox News ALL DAY TODAY. I want a front row seat to the GOP meltdown.

No, fuck all of the major news broadcasts.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: loki8481

Obama's victory tonight will be the best thing to happen for Fox/Rush/etc in the past 8 years.

Do tell.

danzig

Oct 9, 1999
I am not a democrat , but I am sane.

I watch B.O. on Fox a little , though his ego is in the way of everything else. I watch K.O. on MSNBC a little , but the incessant diatribes wear on my nerves.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Fox News is so damn cheap, they don't even have a HD channel. Central Communist Network is the only one w/ HD channel. Heidi Collins is a hottie. Can't wait for Campbell Brown's shift.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2

Do tell.

It's easier to blame someone then defend someone. The guys on here should know about that :)

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
I watch FNC for Megyn Kelly, MSNBC for Contessa Brewer :heart:
I like hearing from both sides.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Baked
Fox News is so damn cheap, they don't even have a HD channel. Central Communist Network is the only one w/ HD channel. Heidi Collins is a hottie. Can't wait for Campbell Brown's shift.

I get FNHD on cablevision :eek: channel 761.

no MSNBC-HD, though.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: TallBill

Do tell.

It's easier to blame someone then defend someone. The guys on here should know about that :)

Agreed, that makes perfect sense. Sad but it makes sense.

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Baked

I get it in HD on direct tv.

I do watch fox news sometimes (cnn hd is what i mostly watch), its interesting to see both sides.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
A sane person doesn't have to be a masochist to watch Fox News.

But it does help with Hannity's shows.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I do. I can't help it. I shout at the TV and pace back and forth. Is there something wrong with me?

Yes. I'm not sure what it is, but I can easily give you 100 hours per day worth of outstanding reading and watching that would inform you.

You sound like you may be watching for the wrong reasons - the emotion of the conflict, or whatever 'dramatic' quality Fox has, not to get informed.

I do occassionally listen to the right (after giving it its 'fair shot' and reaching conclusions it's not worth any time) for the purpose of surveying the status of their sick industry.

But that's different that what you're doing, it sounds like.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Well, I don't sit in front of it all day. I can't, after all, or I'd start to cut myself. I'm plenty informed, I just like to see what the bad guys are up to.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I do sometimes. fox and friends is really too much self-cutting to tolerate, but I can do the evening for a short bit.

shocksyde

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2001
I like to watch Fox News just to see what they're saying. Most of the time I can't believe what I'm hearing.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Well, I don't sit in front of it all day. I can't, after all, or I'd start to cut myself. I'm plenty informed, I just like to see what the bad guys are up to.

Your post made me laugh, but in that case, you sound ok. It's reasonable to wonder what the propagandists who affect many citizens are doing.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Yes, I do.

I've actually been browsing a lot of die-hard NObama forums lately too.

It's smart to know and understand your enemy.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Do tell.

Isn't this obvious?
The left fake news shows benefit when the right has power (Daily Show and Colbert report get higher ratings picking on Bush then if they were mocking lower profile people) ...
The fake news shows for the right (pretty much everything on Fox News) will get better ratings when they poke fun at President Obama.

What's bad for your party is good for the fake news that represents your party ...