Any other Asian people out there eat rice with their steaks?

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Just curious....American people eat some sort of potatoes w/ their steaks, right? I always eat my steaks w/ rice (when I'm not at a restaurant). Any other Asian people do this?

Going to grills some nice juicy steaks tonight :p

boi

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2002
I ate steaks with rice before but I didn't like it much. Now I eat salad with steaks =)

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
I eat a lot of rice but I'm wholly cauacasoid.

I also eat cous cous, Nan and chapatti, Pasta and whole grain bread with my entrees.

It probably has more to do with how you were raised than your ethnicity.

Lunarcade

Apr 5, 2002
Originally posted by: djheater
I eat a lot of rice but I'm wholly cauacasoid.

I also eat cous cous, Nan and chapatti, Pasta and whole grain bread with my entrees.

It probably has more to do with how you were raised than your ethnicity.

exactly. jasmine rice is the sh!t anyway and goes quite nicely with steak.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Originally posted by: iamme
Just curious....American people eat some sort of potatoes w/ their steaks, right? I always eat my steaks w/ rice (when I'm not at a restaurant). Any other Asian people do this?

At restaurants it's always potatoes but at home, I do but it's usually fried rice or garlic rice or some other crazy kind of rice...plain rice and steak just doesn't sit well with me for some reason...

Oh...and I'm Filipino to fulfill the "Asian people" requirement of your thread...

jadinolf

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Here's a totally unhealthy way to do it.

Pan fry the steak, take it out of the pan, add cooked rice and a little soy sauce and stir it in the juice a a little bit.

My mouth is watering.

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: iamme

I'm not Asian and I eat rice with steak - not always, but maybe 40% of the time.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
steak + white rice = complete meal for me

A1 sauce mixed with steak juices mixed with the rice on your plate.....mmmmm :D

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Rice with steak? I never thought of trying that, hmmn.

I've always preferred well done (almost burnt) potatoes and carrots with my steak or meatloaf.

<--- Making Homer like drooling grunting sounds.

radiocore

Golden Member
Aug 25, 2000
I do, but I've been on this Atkins diet for the past month or so...so no rice. :frown:

brtspears2

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Im asian, I like rice with steak. Besides, takes too much time to cook up potatoes...and most people end up dumping a load of salt and butter on their 'toes anyways.