any one use the lasik vision institute?

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
any one use this company or know anything about them other then whats on their website?

I am looking at the facility in Bellevue, WA.

Thanks,
Ameesh

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
i want to know more as well.

I heard current "cheap" ($300 per eye?) technology still has human doctors slicing ur pupil and computer melting ur eye or something (yes in super easy terms). but the expensive procedure ($2000 for both) is human free and supposedly 100 times more accurate. i believe it was called "wave something". Im waiting for that to be cheap.

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
so it looks like (from google searches) that they have a lot of complaints against them, i dont think i will be even calling them.

Looks like the University Of Washington Medical Dept. Performs Lasik as well. I know they have a very good medical staff.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I checked them out but then decided not to because of all the negative feedback I have read online.

Sysadmin

phonemonkey

Feb 2, 2003
My mom had her eyes done at that location (I think) this summer, and my wife had her done at the lasik vision institute in Phoenix, and both say that they haven't had any problems since having their eyes done.

If you want to go to Cananda, my uncle had his eyes done at a facility at Coal Bay (sorry, I didn't talk to him directly about this). Also, there's a new procedure out that effectively places a contact lens type thing under your cornea. It's a 15-20 minute procedure, done similar to lasik.

OrganizedChaos

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
will lasik stop futher degradation in vision? i'm 17 and my eyes have been getting worse every year since i was 10.