Any of you hippies protest at Wall Street?

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Im watching all the douches on the apple line to get the latest douche device and I am looking at the douches in Zuccati park protesting and I cant tell the difference. :) total opposites in beliefs and yet both douche. Why dont they occupy Apple? EVERYTHING apple makes is in china. protest them and bring the jobs to the us?

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
Exactly how I pictured you would look. Doesnt look like much of a protest tho. yawn.

Wow, what a clever rejoinder.

That was one of the protest protesters. You know, in favor of "The American Way".

Whassamatta "I know you are but what am I" was too complicated for you?

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
Yeah, I'm sure you support them. You're just another limousine liberal.

Again it shows your ignorance.

$200K is not a "Limo Lib". You don't have enough money for that. Limo Libs are millionaires, actors and the like. You are trying too hard to lump everyone into one group so you can fling insults without even trying.

Do you have your driver take you by the protests on the way to your high rise corner office every day so you can show your support? Or do you just send your assistants, maids, chefs and nannies down to join the protest so you don't have to get your hands dirty?

You are really but-kissingly stupid.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
Congrats on the 200k Why don't you hire a few of those stinking hippies to do some work for you. Oh yeah I forgot they have no work ethic, because they are lazy fucking hippies.

What part of the country do you come from that you think $200K is rich?

Again, another that is confusing issues. I do not care if Hitler came and said the same things. The truth is the truth, plain and simple.

the only difference is, I would not follow what Hitler would propose to be done about it. Refusing a line of action is one thnig, but refutingthe facts and blaming the messenger is political bullshit.

/me throws breadcrumbs for the pigeon-heads.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
These idiots are protesting the cleaning of the park for the other protestors.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
These idiots are protesting the cleaning of the park for the other protestors.

You are behind the times. They postponed the "cleaning" indefinitely.

You know as well as I do that the "cleaning" was an effort to shake things up to see if they could break them up a bit.

If not, you are dumb.

CrazyAznDriver

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2010
What part of the country do you come from that you think $200K is rich?

Again, another that is confusing issues. I do not care if Hitler came and said the same things. The truth is the truth, plain and simple.

the only difference is, I would not follow what Hitler would propose to be done about it. Refusing a line of action is one thnig, but refutingthe facts and blaming the messenger is political bullshit.

/me throws breadcrumbs for the pigeon-heads.

Did I say he was rich? Nope. He could hire some of those hippies to cut his lawn though. Though they probably wouldn't do it, the only grass the work with is the stuff they smoke. You sound mad why don't you go lay down for awhile.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999

You know as well as I do that the "cleaning" was an effort to shake things up to see if they could break them up a bit.

If not, you are dumb.

Yeah, it was bloombergs way to get them out but it failed. Now there are even more protestors. I guess the coming winter will send them away eventually. I just want to eat my cheap lunch in the park again. My favorite gyro chick got squeezed out!

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
Did I say he was rich? Nope. He could hire some of those hippies to cut his lawn though. Though they probably wouldn't do it, the only grass the work with is the stuff they smoke. You sound mad why don't you go lay down for awhile.

So somehow you change your statement from "hire some of those people" to "hire some of those people to mow his lawn".

1) "Limo Lib" had just been used. Implying that someone could "hire" comeone else implies affluence.

2) Suggesting the mowing of a lawn, in October, by someone that has a college degree in something OTHER than "advanced naked women painting" is rather insulting. Not saying that people wouldn't if they needed to, but again the subject is a straw man.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
Yeah, it was bloombergs way to get them out but it failed. Now there are even more protestors.

He's playing the game. At least the man has enough sense to see how the rally gained strength after the police action in Boston.

Trying to assert authority and shake things up is generally not received well by a protest that is contesting that (among other things).

I guess the coming winter will send them away eventually. I just want to eat my cheap lunch in the park again. My favorite gyro chick got squeezed out!

Maybe. Maybe not. We will see.

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
100% Shens. Just some 1%'er trying to make the hippies look bad.

There's no reason why that couldn't be true. If you get 90% of a full ride at a state school and work 30 hours a week and still rack up debt than you're an idiot.

However, "you should have gotten a scholarship" isn't really constructive.

foghorn67

Lifer
Jan 3, 2006

If not, you are dumb.

No it wasn't. The owners of the park or private. They thought the conditions were unsanitary, and wanted them to continue.
They can live in their own filth like the pigs they are.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
I was looking over this 99ers website posted in P&N.

One poster was bitching about their 50k of student debt but then taking a picture in the mirror via an Android smart phone.

Another was 100k in debt and cannot find a job but majored in art or history or something like that.

Another is a 2 time convoked felon and is bitching about the lack of jobs.

99% of these people are bitching about their debt which is from student loans. I really don't get how that is the fault of wall street.

I got 2 Android 2 phones last year for $30 each. Do you buy retail in your world?

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
They are all people bitching about student debt (their choice) and not having a job (also their choice).

JOIN THE FUCKING MILITARY

Really don't get what is so hard about it. There are plenty of jobs available in the military. If these people CHOOSE to not go after those jobs than I have little sympathy for them.

Why would anyone sane join the military, when in the last 40+ years it has been used to attack and occupy random countries so politicians can give money to their defense contractor friends?

WackyDan

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
Why would anyone sane join the military, when in the last 40+ years it has been used to attack and occupy random countries so politicians can give money to their defense contractor friends?

Ironically, the military is turning people away. The economy caused many to enlist, coupled with the downsizing of some branches of service, recruiters aren't really having a hard time finding recruits. They are far more likely to take the 18 year old kid than the 30 year old unemployed citizen as the kid can be shaped and has more potential to make a career out of it.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I'm hoping some very painful disease, infection or shingles break out from the filth and feces they're wallowing in.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001

Because someone has to do it.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
No it wasn't. The owners of the park or private. They thought the conditions were unsanitary, and wanted them to continue.

Again, you are wrong.

It is not a private park. They gave the city rights to public use in order to get other special provisions for their development (like standoff distances, height and occupancy restrictions).

So can it. If you do not know better to be quiet than open your mouth and prove it.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
What part of "you can't set up camp here" do hippies not understand?

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_19112322

The Colorado State Patrol said 23 people were arrested as police in riot gear moved into the Occupy Denver camp in front of the Colorado Capitol early this morning to dismantle tents and remove debris.

The initial order to disperse came shortly before 3 a.m., but arrests weren't made until after 6 a.m.

Cpt. Jeff Goodwin of the Colorado State Patrol said troopers arrested 21 people for suspicion of unlawful conduct on public land. He said that number could increase later today.

Two others were arrested by Denver police, Goodwin said. One of whom was arrested for simple assault, the other was arrested for impeding traffic.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

The occupied countries aren't chosen randomly. :rolleyes:

Plus it can be a lot of fun at times.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
Because someone has to do it.

No, they don't.

While a number of military operations have indeed proven their worth (such as, incontestably, the raid and killing of OBL), others, like the war and occupation of Iraq, have not.

The original goals of establishing a foothold in the middle east (possibly one less "opinionated" than Israel), getting a solid hand in the oil production in that area, reducing the threat of terrorism and others have just not happened. We end up spending billions of dollars and thousands of lives to get nothing. Nada. Zilch.

So now, with examples such as this STILL dominating the overall military expenditures documented, we call for the countries unemployed to go into training so we can spend money to send them somewhere else in the world?

How many soldiers do we really NEED? I am not saying we should disband the forces, but what the hell are we using them for now? The only thing I see that could be a problem would be defaulting on our bills to China!

Bottom line is simple. NOBODY on the opposition side has actually voiced any practical solution to this other than denial. They insult the messenger, they decry the movement, they create feces out of air and say that they are wallowing on it.

All of which do no more than slight the message in hopes it will be ignored.

If something like this has cropped up, to this scale and this duration, it is not just a "bunch of hippies and malcontents". The ones screaming that the loudest are the ones that are afraid of change and that they might somehow be considered less than they believe themselves to be because of it.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
What part of "you can't set up camp here" do hippies not understand?

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_19112322

1) They are not "hippies"
2) Local ordinance was intended for the efficient running of a municipality. Somehow ignoring the CONSTITUTION in order to remove any political obstruction is rather cavalier and totalitarian.
3) Arresting people that have done nothing "wrong" in the eyes of the people, despite the local ordinances, only serves to fuel the cause even more. What happens when one of the people camping is a son, daughter, or cousin of one of the cops?

I see a TV movie in the making.....