Any of you hippies protest at Wall Street?

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CrazyAznDriver

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2010
Again, absolutely no contribution to the discussion.

People come in, talk actual issues, and the rejoinder is "Stinking smoking liberal hippies get a job".

No actual response to the reality of the situation.

We get it, you are a stinking liberal hippy, now go find a job.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
was at the occupy denver bullshit this morning (actually was at the court house where they just happened to be)

Bunch of smelly hipster bike messengers, drinking starbucks, wearing america apparel, vans, and smoking cigarettes.

Yep, they sure hate corporate america....

doesn't that the entire state of colorado

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
Are you protesting for the cause anywhere? Or are you just blathering on ATOT? The majority of the people think the protestors are "Stinking smoking liberal hippies". And I agree. I see this crap first hand all day everyday since it started. And the beauty of it all is, its my freaking right to call them "Stinking smoking liberal hippies".

moran.jpg

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
lol, protesters now refuse to leave park for cleaning

let them live in filth or clean up after themselves.

HybridSquirrel

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2005
At least your stinky hippies arent as stinky as NYC hippies, they are going on a month now. The mayor said last night that they have to move tomorrow because they need to clean the park.

Maybe they should "Occupy" a freaking bathtub.

have you seen some of the hipsters around here? Also, I don't actually think they are camping out since they know its illegal to camp in the park there....the signs all say from 9am to 10pm 7 days a week....boy what a protest

so theoretically, they return home and go shower.

TheAdvocate

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2005
The high wealth gap can seem justified on paper. Then again it didn't turn out very well in 1927.

Things literally cannot continue like this. The upper class is evaporating the middle class. We are headed towards an aristocracy which really shouldn't exist in a democracy. I don't know how many times I've heard occupy wall street getting labeled as "anti-capitalist" but the mega corporations (like banks) that are borderline oligopolies at this point are the real anti-capitalism. If it was real capitalism, GM, potentially Ford, AIG, frannie and freddie, etc all would have collapsed. Hell even around here the utilities were deregulated, and they are blatantly a monopoly. Most 8th graders know about monopolies in capitalism and why they need regulation. (hint: they no longer serve the greater good, and fail to meet optimal supply and demand) There is just a complete lack of common sense all the way up the government chain. Too big to fail is clearly too big to exist, and having firms with that much power goes against the greater good of the country and that is exactly the cue for the government to step in.

We really can't let them turn us against each other. Unless you inherited a utility company or something you should be in the fight for the middle class. I know there are many people aged high 20's low 30's who squeezed through the tail end of the college bubble perfectly fine and are just cutting and running pretending the problem doesn't effect them but it eventually will if it is ignored. So the ones calling occupy wall street a bunch of hippies are just ignorantly sipping at starbucks meanwhile massive defaults are still rippling from the bottom up, so just wait for your turn.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44885991/ns/business-real_estate/#.TpcWMZsr2so

And the defaults do effect everyone. Even if YOU don't default your house value takes a haircut. The more house prices fall, the more mortgages are then underwater. It's ridiculous. Then the banks have to write off the loss somehow, and the government already used your tax money for that one. Even one worse AIG had insured the mortgages and had to write off a ridiculous sum, which would have probably vaporized AIG, but again, whatever, your tax money.

More: http://www.warriorforum.com/blogs/w...ncial-crisis-according-porter-stansberry.html

Can't vouch for the source but it concurs with everything else I read so meh.

Good post.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Twice as many Americans view the OWS protestors favorably over the Tea Party. And the ones who view the OWS protestors "very favorably" triple the equivalent who view the Tea Party "very favorably".

Also remember, almost 70% of Americans favor raising taxes on the wealthy. There *IS NO 53%*, get over it you idiot rightwingers, America is starting to wake up.

http://swampland.time.com/full-results-of-oct-9-10-2011-time-poll/

Q8. ON ANOTHER ISSUE, IS YOUR OPINION OF THE TEA PARTY MOVEMENT VERY FAVORABLE, SOMEWHAT FAVORABLE, SOMEWHAT UNFAVORABLE, VERY UNFAVORABLE, OR DON’T YOU KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT THE TEA PARTY TO HAVE AN OPINION?

VERY FAVORABLE 8%

SOMEWHAT FAVORABLE 19%

SOMEWHAT UNFAVORABLE 9%

VERY UNFAVORABLE 24%

DON’T KNOW ENOUGH 39%

NO ANSWER/DON’T KNOW 1%

Q11. IN THE PAST FEW DAYS, A GROUP OF PROTESTORS HAS BEEN GATHERING ON WALL STREET IN NEW YORK CITY AND SOME OTHER CITIES TO PROTEST POLICIES WHICH THEY SAY FAVOR THE RICH, THE GOVERNMENT’S BANK BAILOUT, AND THE INFLUENCE OF MONEY IN OUR POLITICAL SYSTEM. IS YOUR OPINION OF THESE PROTESTS VERY FAVORABLE, SOMEWHAT FAVORABLE, SOMEWHAT UNFAVORABLE, VERY UNFAVORABLE, OR DON’T YOU KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT THE PROTESTS TO HAVE AN OPINION?

VERY FAVORABLE 25%

SOMEWHAT FAVORABLE 29%

SOMEWHAT UNFAVORABLE 10%

VERY UNFAVORABLE 13%

DON’T KNOW ENOUGH 23%

NO ANSWER/DON’T KNOW 1%

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
Twice as many Americans view the OWS protestors favorably over the Tea Party. And the ones who view the OWS protestors "very favorably" triple the equivalent who view the Tea Party "very favorably".

Also remember, almost 70% of Americans favor raising taxes on the wealthy. There *IS NO 53%*, get over it you idiot rightwingers, America is starting to wake up.

http://swampland.time.com/full-results-of-oct-9-10-2011-time-poll/

Now we know what all those dirty hippies are doing with their laptops plugged into lamp posts: online polls and Twitter.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Me and my wife bring home close to 200K. I'm in corporate finance. I support the OWS movement. Not all of us are 'stinky hippies without jobs' you idiot.

Yeah, I'm sure you support them. You're just another limousine liberal. Do you have your driver take you by the protests on the way to your high rise corner office every day so you can show your support? Or do you just send your assistants, maids, chefs and nannies down to join the protest so you don't have to get your hands dirty?

CrazyAznDriver

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2010
Me and my wife bring home close to 200K. I'm in corporate finance. I support the OWS movement. Not all of us are 'stinky hippies without jobs' you idiot.

Congrats on the 200k Why don't you hire a few of those stinking hippies to do some work for you. Oh yeah I forgot they have no work ethic, because they are lazy fucking hippies.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Congrats on the 200k Why don't you hire a few of those stinking hippies to do some work for you. Oh yeah I forgot they have no work ethic, because they are lazy fucking hippies.

There are not enough jobs to go around you retard.

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
There are 5 applicants for every job, you're dumb.

Yeah and the unqualified don't get hired. Those with crap degrees, unmotivated, jumpers, lazy, unintelligent, rings in their noses, etc. That's the way it's always been.

I have spots open right now for developers and tech leads / managers. $120k+ spots for full time or $100+/hr for consultants. Been hiring for months. There's not a lot of qualified candidates out there. Maybe that's the problem.