Any of you guys play America's Army?

diskop

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001
I tried it, but it took them a week to send me the registration email and by that time my interest waned.

technologikAL

Aug 16, 2002
well before on their website at www.americasarmy.com they had a pre-order thing where you enter your address and they said they send it to you for free when it's done

but i just found out like a week ago that it's out and they have it on their site for download, but they still haven't mailed it to me

rbhawcroft

May 16, 2002
ive got 198/208Mb dl'd on kazaa on my dialup so ill tell you tomorrow if you like, there is a multiplayer, sniper and extra map mod I think tho.

i think battlefield 1942 may be better tho.

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
I play it quite a bit, in fact I am a member of an all veteran squad. It is very team based and all fighting is done online, no missions (besides basic training) are done solo.

If you are a CS player, give up all hope. No rambo and bunny-hopping in this game, and you WILL get booted from the server for shooting your own players, no questions asked. The server keeps track of you hurting/killing squad members so if you do too much damage to your teammate, you will find yourself out of the game.

It is pretty good so far, they have only released some of the game so far, the rest is to come.

neomits

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
Yeah I've played through a lot of the training (some of the training you have to play with multi to pass)

Getting a high mark in the rifle range is really hard to get sniper training.
Its fun and well designed but now my gaming life is directed toward Battlefield 1942

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
oh it is only online. nah, i won't play it then. i like single player missions.

FatAlbo

Golden Member
May 11, 2000
Originally posted by: technologikAL
well before on their website at www.americasarmy.com they had a pre-order thing where you enter your address and they said they send it to you for free when it's done

but i just found out like a week ago that it's out and they have it on their site for download, but they still haven't mailed it to me
Because it's not done. They still have lots of stuff to add, including some real single player maps.

diskop

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001
Originally posted by: 911paramedic
I play it quite a bit, in fact I am a member of an all veteran squad. It is very team based and all fighting is done online, no missions (besides basic training) are done solo.

If you are a CS player, give up all hope. No rambo and bunny-hopping in this game, and you WILL get booted from the server for shooting your own players, no questions asked. The server keeps track of you hurting/killing squad members so if you do too much damage to your teammate, you will find yourself out of the game.

It is pretty good so far, they have only released some of the game so far, the rest is to come.

That sounds very nice. Get rid of the kiddies that plague a lot of the other FPS's.

dakata24

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2000
it's been awhile since i played it.. is it any easier to get on the actual servers now than when it first came out?