Any Nvme M.2 to Pci-E (4x,8x) adapter support 2 nvme drives?

unseengundam101

Oct 26, 2005
I am trying to get two nvme drives connect to one of my 3.0 PCI-E 16x slots. Its on my home server so I don't want to waste 8x PCIE's 8 GB/s bandwidth.

So far I only found card that handle only Nvme and one SATA m.2 drive. There is a high end Asrock $100 card that supports four Nvme to PCIE at 4x (note sure why they didn't use 8x), but that seems overkill.

Any seen any better choices for under $50 for Dual NVME to Pci-E?

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
There's a minimum cost to producing these cards, plus the cost in that it is not a high volume sort of product. Supermicro makes such a card for their servers called the AOC-SLG3-2M2. It is $100 new however, not $50. I'm not aware of any properly bifurcating card that comes close to that price that isn't a sketchy fly by night card on eBay from China.

Charlie22911

Mar 19, 2005
Problem is that unless your system supports bifurcation, you have to find something with a PCIe switch which means $$$$

Reactions: rsutoratosu

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Problem is that unless your system supports bifurcation, you have to find something with a PCIe switch which means $$$$
That's it in a nutshell. I think I actually found the pricey card for it, but my motherboards will never support bifurcation even though a Z170 or higher system can be MADE to do so, even if it requires a BIOS update. But I contacted the manufacturer, and they say "we don't have any plans to implement it for your board . . . " My interest in the topic dissipated, and now I can't remember the make and model of that two-NVMe PCIE card.

Some of the "extreme" chipsets, however, might implement bifurcation.

rsutoratosu

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2011
Its extremely hard to find mobo with bifurcation, im sitting on a precision t7810 and i bought the dell quad nvme card... not joking in raid 0 with 4 nvme it goes over 9000 read 7000 write.. crazy speed.. I wouldn't use it in r0 mode.. but i only tried it out to see how fast they go