Any none pro laptops with eyefinity yet?

Mech0z

Oct 11, 2007
I would like a semi powerful llaptop to replace my i7 desktop as its simply overkill, but I dont want to loose duelscreen, so I want my laptop to support 2 24" 1900x1200 screens. But I can only find laptops (at least in denmark) with 5870 and 5850 that has one digital screenoutput.

Anyone seen any yet?

yh125d

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2006
So, you want to sell your desktop, because it's overkill? That's a dumb reason. If you need money sure, but you're considering buying a powerful laptop which cost a lot, so that wouldnt seem to be the case.

So you're wanting to trade a powerful desktop for a powerful laptop, and lose money in the process? Sorry, I'm just not getting your thought process or motivation here

Mech0z

Oct 11, 2007
So, you want to sell your desktop, because it's overkill? That's a dumb reason. If you need money sure, but you're considering buying a powerful laptop which cost a lot, so that wouldnt seem to be the case.

So you're wanting to trade a powerful desktop for a powerful laptop, and lose money in the process? Sorry, I'm just not getting your thought process or motivation here

I need a new laptop, and my desktop pc is taking a hell lot of space in my little room, so yes I consider this... and I said "NONE PRO" aka not a expensive one, and I said my desktop is overkill aka I dont need the most powerful...

Voo

Golden Member
Feb 27, 2009
If you don't want to game (or watch videos fullscreen) with 2monitors you won't need eyefinity at all - and I can't imagine any mobile GPU to be powerful enough for that resolution with modern games, so that's probably not such a big loss. Though no idea about any laptops with more than one dvi output..

Mech0z

Oct 11, 2007
If you don't want to game (or watch videos fullscreen) with 2monitors you won't need eyefinity at all - and I can't imagine any mobile GPU to be powerful enough for that resolution with modern games, so that's probably not such a big loss. Though no idea about any laptops with more than one dvi output..

Iam not asking on advice on what kind of power I need, I just want a laptop with a mobile 5850 or 5870 or similar that has support for 2 hdmi or 2 displayport screens.

Those mobile gfx will be plenty for my use

Mech0z

Oct 11, 2007
Just get one of these:
http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/dh2go/

They are also compatible with games so you should be set!

No thanks it uses vga from the laptop and I still havent seen a good picture from an analoge source on lcds

edit, hmm there is a DP version, just hard to justify spending 300$ on a adapter if there laptops are close in getting the ability themselfs

Could it be possible that some have a docking station with multiple outputs? That would also make it easier to connect it when I get home from school

Last edited:

pitz

Feb 11, 2010
I don't know what "Eyefinity" is, but Dell has been doing dual WUXGA screens for the past 4 years, on the D-series and now, the E-series Latitude laptops.

The E-series dock (ie: E6400/E6410/E6500/E6510) has dual Displayport outputs, and can drive those 30" displays at 2560x1600 as well. With either Nvidia or Intel graphics chips.

Mech0z

Oct 11, 2007
I don't know what "Eyefinity" is, but Dell has been doing dual WUXGA screens for the past 4 years, on the D-series and now, the E-series Latitude laptops.

The E-series dock (ie: E6400/E6410/E6500/E6510) has dual Displayport outputs, and can drive those 30" displays at 2560x1600 as well. With either Nvidia or Intel graphics chips.

sorry the eseries are waay to expensive for me and its almost impossible to get a reasonable gfx card in them :/