Any news on Battlefield Bad Company 3?

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
BC2 is way more fun than BF3. Having said that I probably won't get BC3 since it'll probably be an Origin exclusive.

Northern Lawn

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008
BC2 is way more fun than BF3. Having said that I probably won't get BC3 since it'll probably be an Origin exclusive.

I don't care about the download manager but what I do care about is being able to play the game. I play BC2 every day and have never been able to play BF3 for more then 5-30 minutes of BF3 without it freezing my computer to the point where I have to push the reset button. And while I was playing it, I didn't much care for it. I can't see the enemy except for that damn scope flare. One time I out gunned a long distance sniper with my noob gun with no scope just because I could see his lense flare. I don't like the game play of BF3 even though I have played 1400 plus hours of BC2.

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
BC3 hasn't even been announced as under development as far as I know? Medal of Honor 2 is the current DICE game in development.

Northern Lawn

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008
I'd rather see Left for Dead 3, Company of Heros 2, Rome Total War 2....kind of sick of first person shooters. I don't see how they can be much better then Bad Company 2 game play except for graphics.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
More of Haggard, Sweetwater, and Sarge......you simply can't go wrong with that team.

I definitely hope the come out with more games with that team. I'm still desperate to learn more Spanglish from Haggard.

akahoovy

Golden Member
May 1, 2011
I've put in more hours on BC2 than any other shooter. Was only briefly a fan of shooters that were HL2 mods before that game.

fixbsod

Jan 25, 2012
Def looking forward to BC3...big fan of BC1 and BC2 and BF3 just didn't do it for me.

Don Karnage

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2011
I enjoy BF3 like i enjoyed BF2 but its nothing compared to BC2. I just prefer the gameplay.

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
BC3 hasn't even been announced as under development as far as I know? Medal of Honor 2 is the current DICE game in development.

Dice isn't on MoH2. Danger Close is doing single and multiplayer this time around. However, they are using Frostbite 2 for single and multiplayer.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
The only game I REALLY wish DICE would work on is Mirror's Edge 2.

It was nice playing a FP game that was actually.....different.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Dice isn't on MoH2. Danger Close is doing single and multiplayer this time around. However, they are using Frostbite 2 for single and multiplayer.

I'm glad I read through all the posts before replying - I came to state this.

I didn't get the first MoH (well... umpteenth MoH), but I'm glad it won't be two developers handling the game - it will feel so jarringly off between SP and MP (and I heard exactly that for the first one, it was like there was a single player game and a multiplayer game released in the same package - two different games sharing a little in common but not much).

I'll wait for reviews for MoH: Warfighter, see how Danger Close handles MP.

And aside from those wanting more single-player (I never played it in BC2, never owned the first one), why bother with a BC3? I think their intent with that series was to "fill the gap" and test a few things out before they wrapped up BF3 - and now they don't want to cannibalize future BF3 + DLC sales.

Though with what will likely be the last DLC pack dropping around Spring 2013, that might be the time to perhaps look for BC3 or perhaps BF4 in the Fall of 2013.
EA is going to be milking the shit out of whatever FPS seems to sell the most, to try and compete with the annual releases of CoD.

I wonder if EA's Fall FPS plan - instead of the CoD festival that is Activision's annual release focus - is to have a split cycle between Battlefield properties and MoH (or Battlefield and whatever else they can come up with if MoH tanks).