Any mountain bike buffs out there? Need fork repair advice

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
I have pair of 2002 Judy TT 100's which I have just replaced with some Marzzochi Bombers (Night and day, they rock!).

Just before I got the replacements I snapped the plastic preload adjuster off. Anyone know if these can be bought separately for replacement?

Preload broken

The forks work as they ever did, just can't mod the preload.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
mechBgon was a professional bicycle mechanic, when he sees this he'll know what to do. I love my Cannondale but I'm still using the Fatty 70mm headshock since it's plenty for the rocky, rooty, terrain here, so I don't know nuch about the fork shocks. I do know Marzocchi is definitely better than Rockshox though :beer:

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
I'm quite happy to strip em down. I just want to know if these cheap plastic parts are available. I say cheap just because if it wasn't the thing prolly wouldn't have broken if the first place.

UTmtnbiker

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2000
Take it apart and take the broken piece in to any LBS (local bike shop). Any reputable bike shop will have the Rock Shox service manual and be able to look up the part number for you or be able to call Rock Shox/SRAM and order it for you. Expect it to take a little bit though as I'm sure this isn't a quick turn around type item. If it's what I think it is, I'm guessing it'll set you back about about $15 to $20.

trek

Dec 13, 2000
When I broke that on my quadra way back in the day, I took it to a local shop and they had some extras lying around from other forks.