Any motherboards completely ditch PCI yet?

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'd like to get a mATX board with four PCIe slots. Don't care if they are 4, 16, 1, whatever, as I need to put 4 1x low-profile devices in them.

I'd like to go Intel if at all possible to save me some $$$ . . . looking to get a little more compact and efficient with my HTPC. :)

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: XMan
I'd like to get a mATX board with four PCIe slots. Don't care if they are 4, 16, 1, whatever, as I need to put 4 1x low-profile devices in them.

I'd like to go Intel if at all possible to save me some $$$ . . . looking to get a little more compact and efficient with my HTPC. :)

4 in an matx is asking a bit much. Typically matx boards only have 3 or 4 slots total, and at least one is probably a pci-e 16x slot.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Fox5
Originally posted by: XMan

4 in an matx is asking a bit much. Typically matx boards only have 3 or 4 slots total, and at least one is probably a pci-e 16x slot.

I have found one, the MSI Live Diva. It looks to be pretty much perfect for my needs except for being an AMD platform.

WT

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2000
I'd like to go Intel if at all possible to save me some $$$ . . . looking to get a little more compact and efficient with my HTPC.

Unless you have the Intel CPU already, you'd save more $$ with the AMD setup. I own the Diva board with a 5050e, and its perfect for an HTPC setup. Can you name me an Intel board with an built in 5x100w per channel amplifier ?
I was able to retire my Yamaha amp and use the Diva Live for my setup.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I need four PCIe slots, however. From what I can see on the Diva, you lose one PCIe slot to the amp card. And even if I just wanted unamplified audio out you are limited to stereo output without the card.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: aka1nas
My new X58 board is the Asus P6T6 Revolution, and has 6 PCI-E x16 slots and no legacy ports or PCI slots.

Newegg Link

Not a very reasonable price, don't you think?

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: hans007
wow taht asus board is crazy haha.

I'd pay $100 to put in my HTPC but that price is insane. I didn't pay that much for a HD-DVD/Blu-Ray drive.