Any MMORPG Mudd's still around similar to The Eternal City

Magusigne

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2007
I'm looking for a game that will allow me to have fun and a time sink.

These traditional MMORPG's are wearing on me and I cannot even think of picking up anything like WAR or WoW ever again.

Now I'm looking for a text base game with some graphical interface characterisitcs..

The Eternal City is a great one..but don't feel like going back.

Darkness falls used to be great but it got canned.

Anyone know any?

Vagabonds quest is not populated any more...

Magusigne

Golden Member
Nov 21, 2007
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
Try one of these?

Not too sound like a jerk or anything..but graphics are somewhat important to me. If graphics were not I'd be playing all of my ancient SIM games..like sim copter etc.

So let me put a requirement on my request

A Post year 2000 game.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Telnet> open apocmud.usurped.com 4000

By far one of the best MUDs I've ever played. However, there's no PvP and I'm not sure what the playerbase is like now. However, the IMP is always on.

novasatori

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
Originally posted by: TheVrolok
Telnet> open apocmud.usurped.com 4000

By far one of the best MUDs I've ever played. However, there's no PvP and I'm not sure what the playerbase is like now. However, the IMP is always on.

thanks - playing now

tecplayer

May 14, 2012
I'm looking for a game that will allow me to have fun and a time sink.

The Eternal City is a great one..but don't feel like going back.

I'm sorry for bumping an old thread, but I wanted to send you a private message and it wouldn't let me. Here's what I was going to send you:

I was searching around and I saw that you had posted about The Eternal-City a long time ago. I just wanted to let you know that the game is free to play now in case you were still interested. The address is www.skotos.net/games/eternal-city

The free to play accounts just can't get any RPs (if you remember what those are!) but you can do everything else without any limitations.

Best regards!

Again, I'm sorry for bumping an old thread.

Ayrahvon

Aug 7, 2007
Interestingly, a good friend of mine is soon to release a mud he's built from scratch called Shining Mud.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/t3l52/shining_mud_a_huge_project_in_the_works_for_at/

http://shiningmud.ctrl-shift.net/wiki/Feedback

He's been working on it for fun for years and it has a full ASCII graphical interface. Works like all the old MUDs and you can just telnet in to play.

If people are interested, I can get him to make an account here to answer questions and give you more details!

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
both arctic and mume are still around. I was one of the early coders on artic and mume seems like the place if you like hobbits.
-
artic has little or no concept of 'role' playing but it has some nice areas (I last played 1996; so it might have changed since then);

mume has sort of a 'pretend' role playing environment. The areas are not nearly as interesting (imho) but the overall land scape is more consistent and pk'ing (if you are into such) is better balanced.
-

Last edited:

tecplayer

May 14, 2012
I'm glad to see that there are still people on forums like these playing MUDs! I don't think I've seen a thread dedicated to MUDs here. I wonder if there'd be interest in such a thing?