Any idea why web pages take 30 sec to 2 min to finish loading sometimes

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
After the systme has been running for a while, sometimes pretty simple pages seem to load part of the screen or even all the info, and the hourglass stays for a long time.

Sometimes, it seems it might be the ad server, but other times it seems like that's not the issue. Gets pretty frustrating. Running IE 7 and Win XP. I seem to have swap problems.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
The biggest reason I use adblock(for Firefox) is for sluggish ad servers. I don't have a problem with ads per se, but when they slow up browsing, they have to go.

Sam25

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2008
Yup, same here. Some of the advertisements on certain sites do take a while to load at times. I promptly get ABP to block the ads so next time I visit the same site it'll open quicker.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
And, all things being equal, there are also variations in the power and efficiency of web site servers.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
As an example that's not explained by ad servers or slow servers, I was just on amazon, and moving from page to page might load the page without the item pic quickly, and then spend 60 seconds waiting to load the picture of the item. It seems almost like it needs a little extra disk space on my PC for the picture, and the OS is taking a long time for it.

I'll try clearing th ecache again. Sometimes that's been known to take over a half hour.