Any idea what is wrong with this tablet screen?

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I had given up on this tablet some time ago but I thought I'd have another crack at it before throwing it out. Previously the most I had managed to get out of it when switching it on was a red LED by the camera coming on for a bit, the screen backlight coming on (I think, it was subtle) and nothing else. After a while the LED would go off again.

This time however, I opened the tablet up, disconnected the battery, switched it on, reconnected the battery, and after switching it on and off a couple of times I started to get a lot of stripes across the screen, then opening it back up again I found some magnets had become dislodged from the bottom inside of the tablet (I think for connecting a keyboard), I pulled those off the screen, and after a couple more power cycles I got this picture:

tablet.jpg

The touch-screen works (including the graphics corrupted area of the screen), but everything left of the white stripe is erratic and the white stripe area never really changes.

What appears to be the connector for the screen looks OK but I haven't tried to alter it since the battery appears to be glued over the top of the vast majority of the screen.

It's a Linx tablet btw.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
Bad cable or bad GPU would be my guess. Does it look like that before the OS loads?