Any idea if tiny cracks in windshields are fixable?

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
My car was shot by a bb gun and it made these little cracks. It isn't a line crack but you can tell it's cracked. Any idea if these are fixable or does the entire windshield have to be replaced?

Heisenberg

Lifer
Dec 21, 2001
If they're under a certain size or not in the driver's line of sight it should be fixable IIRC. Take it to a glass place and have them look at it. They'll be able to tell you for sure.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
there are fix kits. basically inject a clear adhesive type fluid into the cracks to prevent spread. once it drys you use a razor to shave off excess.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
Don't forget to see what your insurance says about glass. With mine, I have to pay my deductible if the whole windshield is replaced but any repairs that don't require replacing the windshield are free under my plan :)

Thorstuffs

Jun 12, 2004
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
there are fix kits. basically inject a clear adhesive type fluid into the cracks to prevent spread. once it drys you use a razor to shave off excess.

yeah, I work at a parts place. We sell em, go for about 10$ , from what I hear they work well.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
if it's under the size of a dollar bill, it can be fixed. Mine was initially dime-sized, but over the course of 2 years, the water and temperature change got to it... big line straight across both sides... don't let that happen or you'll be out $200+ rather than a quick patch.

Call Safelite Auto Glass - they're a chain and they do great work.