Any idea how much in tolls you'll pay traveling I-80 from Cleveland to the west side of Chicago?

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Coworker has to make this drive. Flying into Cleveland, driving back home on I-80 to Iowa. Needs to know how much change he should bring along.

Figured I'd hit up ATOT to try and get an idea :)

Red

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2002
Just be safe and tell him to be safe and when he gets gas before he leaves, pay at the cash register and turn a $20 bill into a five, ten singles, and five dollars worth of quarters.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
I cannot answer your question. But I did recently drive from Iowa to West Chicago and back. I tried the cheap route I-80 without tolls and the construction was so bad that I vowed not to take I-80 again in Illinois. Frequently there were 15 mile stretches of one lane driving (hope you don't get behind a slow driver) and the speed limit was constantly being lowered, often to 45 mph. So on the trip back I took the toll road (I-88 I think). It was close to $3 for that half of the trip - and money well worth it.

filmmaker

Golden Member
Oct 20, 2002
I say bring along at least 5 bucks in change for the quick express tolls and 5 bucks in case he needs to go through the manually paid booths.