Any hockey fans here?

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
If so, any predictions on who will take the Cup this year?

I am gunning for the Avs all the way! Get Borque the ring he so deserves!

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Long suffer Canucks fan (I'll be happy if they make it into the playoffs).

I also think the Avs will take it this year.

Cheers,
Aquaman

Spicollidriver1

May 30, 2000
AVS fan since they moved, but now I have the wild too but they won't win quite yet so I can still cheer for the avs too.

marketsons1985

Platinum Member
Apr 15, 2000
Well, being from Michigan, naturally, I'd say the wings.

But i dunno tho, they've had a rocky start.....

BigKev

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2000
I am rooting for my Leafs, but as for who's gonna make it to the Cup...now THAT's a different story. :p:p

denali

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Avs, although the last several years I don't think they have played up the their abilities. This year they are off to a good start although so are the Oilers.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Canucks!....no seriously....stop laughing at me!!!

Avs, nah. Detroit, sorry. Rangers, um right. Dallas, too bad. Leafs, nope. Boston, Grapes and Bobby Orr couldn't save 'em. Philly, their opportunity passed 5 years ago. Buffalo, Hascek should have retired. Islanders, not for the foreseeable future. Oilers, in a couple years. Flames, not even close. Phoenix, someyear, but not this year. LA, who? Ducks, with major tradage. Devils, maybe. Anaheim, quack! Chicago, not! All other teams except one won't get close.

That team that I think will win this year has proven for the last 2 seasons that they can run circles around anyother team in the league. They are the Ottawa Senators! This team is stacked with talent, speed, and goal tending. Barring injury problems, they will be unstoppable both in the regular season as well as the playoffs.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Oops, forgot the Pens. Jagr will have another great year greatly inflating hockey pools of everyone and their dog, but the best that can be hoped for is that the Pens will dash some teams dream of the cup.

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Sandorski......... I agree that the Sens have great talent but I think the a major issue will be thier goaltending. Isn't Patrick Lalime (sp?) out indefinately? Also they don't have Tom Barrassa (sp?). If they can get a solid goalie for the playoffs I think they can go far.

Cheers,
Aquaman

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
I'm hoping the Wing's bring it back to hockeytown again...

TheyCallMeSAK

Jun 21, 2000
I'm a huge St. Louis fan myself. They have started off OK this year so far. Hehe, they did we a few more games this weekend. They are 5-2 or something i think.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Aqua: Lalime is hurt, damn. Oh well, at least I added the injury disclaimer to cover my butt. :D

Considering that I lose all my hockey pools, even I don't consider myself as much of an expert. Heck, I'm a Canucks fan. That fact alone should discount my hockey picks! :D