Any gun owners like the New Orleans Saints?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
To me the real tragedy seems to be that the shooter will likely use stand your ground as a defense for shooting the unarmed wife in the leg and then Mr Smith 7 times in the back and it may very well work. Not all of the facts are known yet but at this point in time it appears that a great miscarriage of justice may occur.

He can claim stand your ground all he wants. If Will Smith didn't brandish a firearm there is no justification to shoot. If he did brandish a weapon then he is going to have to explain all the gunshots. The police are not going to just give him a pass if he simply says he was standing his ground. Unlike the police, a private citizen has to have actual justification to use deadly force. We will see as the facts come out in this case.

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
While not exactly what you are looking for it's not like licensed gun dealers have not/do not/will not go "darkside" and start blatantly committing crimes themselves.

Here is something from our area, again not shipping directly to your home but still a crooked gun dealer getting guns to people not legally allowed to own them and then those guns were used in hundreds of crimes. Frankly the only reason those assholes got caught is because they did it so blatantly and got really greedy. If they would have kept it scaled back they would probably still be in business today. Big shocker, some business owners are willing to break the law in order to make more money!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/16/AR2007051601989.html

Disclaimer: I am very much pro gun rights and anti new gun laws. As far as Peyton, and as a local Saint's fan, I really don't give a damn what any of his political views are. If my neighbor is against guns I'm not going to go all anti-neighbor on them or anything, it's their opinion and they are entitled to it. Elected officials that can actually impact my life, they are a different story.

That's not like ordering a gun online & getting it shipped to your home, like he made an illegal purchase sound like... Mail order gun sales stopped after the Kennedy assassination.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Yes, I also enjoy public policy commentary from people who make money playing a child's game. Good to see him using brain cells on his hobby since he certainly doesn't need them for work.