Question Any good tips for recovering data from a corrupted flash drive?

boing

Sep 13, 2001
I plugged my drive into the computer and it connected then disconected, when I pulled it out and re-inserted most of the files were missing and the remaining folder titles were all gibberish, I ran a repair scan and it repaired the drive but them it was appearing empty. Under 'This PC' it's showing as 1.4Gb remaining from 230Gb though so it's registering the data at some level but the drive is just empty on inspection. Recuva is showing nothing eve with deep scan enabled. It's hundreds of old movies which I don't want to have to chase up all over again, any ideas on good recovery software?

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
I have a handful of SanDisk / Pro drives that work well and build my own with enclosures with M2's I have lying around. It depends on what you're going to be using then for though. I'd speed is the priority then the DIY method works better though the Pro series tend to work like SSD's for speeds of ~400MB/s.

Jul 27, 2020
Under 'This PC' it's showing as 1.4Gb remaining from 230Gb though so it's registering the data at some level but the drive is just empty on inspection. Recuva is showing nothing eve with deep scan enabled. It's hundreds of old movies which I don't want to have to chase up all over again, any ideas on good recovery software?

Worth a try.

I've also had good experiences with GetDataBack FAT32/NTFS.