Question Any good Steam game suggestions?

dnov

May 24, 2022
I'm looking for FPS shooter games that are like Call of Duty. However, I want something that's a bit different, but in the same criteria.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Do you want multiplayer only?
Single Player acceptable?

For multiplayer:

Battlefield franchise.
Rainbow 6.
The Division 2
Back 4 Blood and World War Z for zombie coop.
Then there is also Overwatch, PUBG, Valorant, and Fortnite.

Reactions: Shmee

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Does it have to be on steam?

As far as COD like, I would say BF4. Probably the best recent modern shooter. Also the new COD MW II will be on steam.

I could recommend Halo MC collection, as well as Halo infinite. Halo infinite MP is free.

You could also try out World War 3, which I have heard is kinda fun, but has mixed reviews. Have not tried it myself. If you like battle royals, you could try Ring of Elysium.

dnov

May 24, 2022
Do you want multiplayer only?
Single Player acceptable?

For multiplayer:

Battlefield franchise.
Rainbow 6.
The Division 2
Back 4 Blood and World War Z for zombie coop.
Then there is also Overwatch, PUBG, Valorant, and Fortnite.
I have played Valorant before, I'm more of a single-player gamer though. Any suggestions for single-player games would really help, thanks for the multiplayer suggestions also.

dnov

May 24, 2022
Does it have to be on steam?

As far as COD like, I would say BF4. Probably the best recent modern shooter. Also the new COD MW II will be on steam.

I could recommend Halo MC collection, as well as Halo infinite. Halo infinite MP is free.

You could also try out World War 3, which I have heard is kinda fun, but has mixed reviews. Have not tried it myself. If you like battle royals, you could try Ring of Elysium.
It can also be on Xbox, I have actually played the Master Chief collection before, but it wasn't really up my alley.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I think someone mentioned insurgency if you are looking for multiplayer. It's a lot more realistic than cod and closer to battlefield. It requires decent teamwork too if you want to succeed, has a bit of a learning curve.

I was debating buying it when battlefield 2042 came out because BF2042 sucked and I regret buying it. Another one for world war 3 but I haven't tried it myself. I don't think it's as polished as insurgency but it's much closer to a battlefield experience.

Specs ops the line is pretty old but a really good story/single player.

If you ever played swat 4 back in the day Ready or Not is the closest thing to a swat 4 remake. It's tactical swat scenarios with updated graphics, gear, and the AI is pretty damn good. Can be played with others online or single player. But it's very tactical so every decision matters, go in guns blazing or check the doors and use traps, passive takedowns vs eliminate the targets, you have to choose wisely.

Titanfall 2 was pretty good I thought, I enjoyed the single player campaign.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
I'm looking for FPS shooter games that are like Call of Duty. However, I want something that's a bit different, but in the same criteria.
there's nothing.

Trust me, i've looked.

Ever since Blacklight Retribution bit the dust, i've been looking for something to replace it, but there's just nothing. ALL shooters with decent mechanics are now set on enormous maps and generally on hour-long matches.

Escape From Tarkov could almost fit the bill, if not for the absolutely horrendous netcode.