Any good office chair you guys can recommend?

hypeMarked

Apr 15, 2002
I want a chair that's comfortable and doesn't make you sweat during those summer nights. Thanks,

Superrock

Oct 28, 2000
I have a steelcase leap. If i spend the entire day on it though it hurts my back. Otherwise it's a pretty comfortable chair.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
But your butt and back will thank you if you get the right sized Aeron.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Try the ones at Costco? If it isn't to your liking after sitting in it in a while, you could always return it!

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: hypeMarked
So basically, you guys voted for the Aeron even though it costs an arm and a leg?

So buy two of them, then all you'll need is a stool.

Edit: I had good luck with that butt ugly black leather chair OfficeMax often has on sale for ~$30.

Nov 5, 2001
so let me get this straight...you want the same quality in a chair that costs a thousand dollars, but you want it cheap...

good luck with that!

ChaoZ

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2000
All he wants is for it to be comfortable? Does that feature cost that much? The one I have at work is pretty good, but don't know the name of it.

jdoggg12

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2005
I just ordered a Haworth Zody chair... $660 retail, i got it for $400 through my work. I have one at work that they gave me, i like it so much i'm willing to splurge and buy it for my home.

They're not cushy, but they're so customizable that they are comfy in like 500 positions.

hypeMarked

Apr 15, 2002
What I want to know is if does the chair that costs 1k worth it? For example, CPUs, you can pay a premium for the best Extreme Edition CPU or the regular price for the not so extreme. The quality difference between an Extreme Edition vs a regular one is not that much. Is that the same or different? I'm not in the chair industry and this is basically the first chair I would buy with some knowledge and I need some tips for you all. Thanks,

Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by: ChaoZ
All he wants is for it to be comfortable? Does that feature cost that much? The one I have at work is pretty good, but don't know the name of it.

his title says "Hermann Miller quality", but yes, comfort is expensive. The most comfortable chairs go through a lot of ergonomic testing for shape, size, and materials. The cheap chairs rip off that "style" but are not as comfortable because they can't fully copy the design.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Hard not to sweat. Just go for easier clean-up:). That is, leather and wipe-able. Got my Ikea $130 'executive (poor one) chair'.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I don't even know what chair I have....it's not my favorite fabric by far but it was about $125 quite a few years ago. I am very comfortable in it, much better than my office 'ergonomic' chair.

My wife love's her FAR (free after rebate) chair from office max though. To me it's almost painful. However, she is 5'1" and 100 lbs, I am about twice that at 5'10.5" right now.

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
well if you're looking at the steelcase like the second poster suggested, you're still looking at close to a grand (if i remember what my dad's steelcase cost for his office correctly) and the poster even admits its not comfortable for all day...save urself the trouble, get a aeron and enjoy the comfort and good health to you back