Any good band names up your sleeve?

KaBudokan

Oct 10, 1999
So does anyone have any good band names floating around in their brains? We've been playing for a while now, and are finally ready to start booking gigs, but we're absolutely stuck on coming up with a band name. My past bands all ended up with awful names, and it would be good if this one could avoid the same fate! lol

We're a funky jam band, playing mainly covers - many are somewhat unusual, meaning that they're not tunes a lot of people know. Funky, bluesy, etc. Our current lineup is drums, bass, guitar, sax, and female vocals. Age range 25-35.

Obviously, it's a longshot to get one from the net, but you're all smart and creative, right? Help us out! :D

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
A good way to find a band name is to listen to songs from bands that influence you guys and to grab a phrase or a word or two. Sometime it can really work well.

Oct 8, 2005
5 ways to friday?

Like "we're gonna rock you 5 ways to friday". You also have 5 band members, so you can play off that.

I suck at this.

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Originally posted by: namelessentity
5 ways to friday?

Like "we're gonna rock you 5 ways to friday". You also have 5 band members, so you can play off that.

I suck at this.

Sounds too much like the MMBT songtitle "Seven Ways to Sunday".

* Mighty Mighty Boss Tones