Question Any experiences with Gigabyte Aorus 2080 ti waterforce AIO?

Mac34

Dec 4, 2012
Hi,

Does anyone here own or have any experience with Gigabyte Aorus 2080 ti waterforce AIO?
I'm thinking of noise levels, temperatures, overclocking etc.

There's not a lot of information out there about it, but this seems like the ultimate 2080 ti card.

Thanks! :)

Mac34

Dec 4, 2012
Well, it's a Gigabyte GPU so... I'd stay far far away from it.
??? Why? Please be more specific. From what I've read, the fans could've been less noisy, but I plan on switching them out with Corsair ML120 Pro fans.

I tried a Asus Rog Strix 2080 ti, which was a disappointment - ie. lots of coil whine, and an annoying sound profile from the fans. I haven't many negative complaints about the 2080ti Waterforce, except for the fans making a bit too much noise, which I'll fix anyways.

ozzy702

Golden Member
Nov 1, 2011
??? Why? Please be more specific. From what I've read, the fans could've been less noisy, but I plan on switching them out with Corsair ML120 Pro fans.

I tried a Asus Rog Strix 2080 ti, which was a disappointment - ie. lots of coil whine, and an annoying sound profile from the fans. I haven't many negative complaints about the 2080ti Waterforce, except for the fans making a bit too much noise, which I'll fix anyways.

You can search for my experience with MANY Gigabyte GPUs, their warranty/repair process and lack of customer service. I've shared it several times on here. If you're ok with potentially being without a working GPU for six months, roll the dice with Gigabyte but I'll never touch another Gigabyte GPU moving forward. EVGA or MSI, that's it. I've had amazing customer service from both companies.

Mac34

Dec 4, 2012
Thanks for the input, sorry to hear about your issues with Gigabyte. Warranty is not an issue here in Norway, as we have very strong consumer laws. MSI is a very good company I agree. There will always be duds either way, so I'll take my chances. Really want a silent-running GPU, as I already have a silent AIO-cooled system.

My present MSI 2080 ti Ventus (non-oc version) overclocks very well (238mhz average in MSI Afterburner OC scanner), and scored 14632 (total)/15453 (graphics) in Timespy with 800+ RAM oc. At least the card should be an easy sell...

ozzy702

Golden Member
Nov 1, 2011
Thanks for the input, sorry to hear about your issues with Gigabyte. Warranty is not an issue here in Norway, as we have very strong consumer laws. MSI is a very good company I agree. There will always be duds either way, so I'll take my chances. Really want a silent-running GPU, as I already have a silent AIO-cooled system.

My present MSI 2080 ti Ventus (non-oc version) overclocks very well (238mhz average in MSI Afterburner OC scanner), and scored 14632 (total)/15453 (graphics) in Timespy with 800+ RAM oc. At least the card should be an easy sell...

They warrantied all my cards, but I had several that essentially had a 6 month turn around time due to them repeatedly sending me bad cards. Best of luck with your decision.