Just wondering. The method I came up with involved attaching an incandescent bulb connected to neutral and a paperclip to the end of a long stick, and then prodding the high voltage terminals in the circuit to see if I could get some nice sparks. Well, I got some nice sparks when actually making contact - but I suspect those are just low-voltage arcs. I guessing that the lack of nice half-inch long sparks suggests my ignitor is dead. If not, the ignitor certainly is dead after the paperclip got spot-welded to the output terminal. I'm guessing that there must be a proper tool for doing this, or some kind of meter that can measure the high kV spikes. Still, I was quite impressed with my ghetto tester.