Any cutting edge motherboard/socket/cpu worth waiting for, before I build a new system?

fpbear

Aug 19, 2007
It's time to build a new desktop computer so I can get better video recording/playback performance for my 9 camera surveillance system (running Milestone XProtect on Windows 10). But before I grab the latest & greatest motherboard and CPU, do you think there's any new technology just around the corner that I should wait to hit the market? I'm not in a rush to build the new system, I can do it anytime this year or next year. For example I see that Intel has a bunch of new processors coming out.

I currently have the Asus Sabertooth Z77 motherboard which has the LGA1155 socket, and it turns out this socket was not very upgradeable, as Intel moved on to a newer socket type the following year. I am using an Adaptec 8405 RAID Controller with 4 drives for a total of 10TB. Drive performance is very important for video recording/playback speed. Loading up the system with SSDs of the same capacity may be too expensive, I'm looking to spend anywhere from $2,000 to $4,000 to build this new system.

Any technologies "just around the corner" worth waiting for?

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
RkGZXrV.jpg

Reactions: CZroe