Any CS players? veterans?

Alamat

Apr 30, 2003
I'm not sure but I did get in when you shoot a pinky toe with one shot of an AWP. 6.2, was it?

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
I would consider myself average/slightly under average in CS:S, which translates to very good considering the only people who play CS:S are godly at it. In CS:GO I would consider myself average/slightly above average, which translates to.......average/slightly above average, it depends on if im in a room full of ADHD 12 year olds or actually good players. Either way I can usually maintain a K : D of 1+.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Incredible to still see CS going. Remember playing it 17 years ago in college (pre-source obviously). Yikes, feeling old...

Reactions: sandorski

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Incredible to still see CS going. Remember playing it 17 years ago in college (pre-source obviously). Yikes, feeling old...

Ya, haven't really played it in years. I never was really good at it, but had tons of fun and the occasional awesome round. Clearly it is the best Multiplayer Shooter concept of all time, I wouldn't be surprised if it continues to be for many more years.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Ya, haven't really played it in years. I never was really good at it, but had tons of fun and the occasional awesome round. Clearly it is the best Multiplayer Shooter concept of all time, I wouldn't be surprised if it continues to be for many more years.

Same, I was only "ok" - better at this style of game play though than, say, Quake 3 which was popular at the time.

We even had our own CS server in the dorms, and I was one of the admins. Ahh good times.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
I used to be pretty damn good at CS back like 15 years ago. Now if I jumped in I would be steamrolled.

Reactions: jman19

KIAman

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
Quit more than 15 years ago. At my peak, I had a dedicated team (local) we would travel all over California to compete in tournaments at internet cafes, lugging around my giant 100lbs Sony Trinitron monitor. Online public servers, I would easily maintain a 10/1 KD ratio, kicked from many servers for perceived cheating. My dedicated group competed in CAL-Invite league (not sure if this is still a thing) but we were probably one the lowest ranked, where teams like CK3, TeC and Wew dominated. My absolute peak was attending a 3 day LAN party in SoCal with over 80 other people and doing a 40v40 De Dust and going 80/3 after 5 rounds, frequently killing my own clan-mates who were my skill level. Fun times. Had to quit because spending 16 hours a day playing CS:S was not good for my life.

quikah

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2003
You can see people through walls in CS? I don't remember that...though I haven't played in 10+ years.