any cricket lovers out here? - ICC Champions Trophy live video coverage?

Pyramix

Jan 11, 2001
Trying to find if any website is providing live video coverage of the upcoming ICC Champions Trophy over the Internet....does anybody here know?

Pyramix

Jan 11, 2001
no cricket lovers out here?

we can use this thread as a general discussion thread for the icc champions trophy.

so far, it has been very exciting, esp. SA's last-ball victory over WI.

i think australia has the best team to take this trophy. india is my second favorite because of their recent performance and possibly the strongest batting line-up amongst all teams in the tournament. but their bowling is lacking. i'm sure it would do them better if they got srinath back.

tontod

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
I'm definitely rooting for India. Live video coverage might be tough, even if a site has it, it'll probably be expensive.

Pyramix

Jan 11, 2001
So am I. 2 yrs ago we beat the favs. (AUS and SA), only to fumble in the final and letting NZ win. Let's hope we do better this time.

singh

Golden Member
Jul 5, 2001
No net video coverages as far as I know. To win, India have to get past England, SA, and then Aus. Australia are the favorites to win.

athithi

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2002
I think you get live video coverage on Zee TV....you'll need dish network for that and my apt. faces the wrong way for me to use satellite tv :( Internet live coverage served it's purpose best last year during the Ind vs Aus series....I bet a lot of people here would find it tough to believe that 2 matches each running the full length of five days each could've been so nail-biting :) What a series that was!

DaLeroy

Golden Member
Dec 4, 2000
Is this the women teams as well?

One of my colleagues here at work (Australia) plays on the team...Flying out to NZ soon for the games. She was in the 2000 team as well...Gold medal winner. :)

Pyramix

Jan 11, 2001
DaLeroy these are just the men's team. Women's cricket is nowhere nearly as popular.

Yup, the world-champion Aussies are the fav. But I think that India has a stronger batting line-up. If they get some support from their bowlers, they just might surprise a few (let's not forget the 2000 champions trophy). England and South Africa, I am not so worried about. We beat England couple of times recently in their homeland. The sub-continent pitches are more of India's taste. Plus, England's current team is not full-strength (plagues with injuries). And SA is going through a bad run of forms. They are not the same formidable team of the 90s anymore.

tigerbait, you must've been disappointed when WI lost to SA (and that was such a close game). Well, WI v. Kenya is going on right now.

Oct 9, 1999
see if bbc has audio coverage.. news.bbc.co.uk

cricinfo has that text info coverage.. its better than nothing.. tvasia isnt showing it.