Any CHAINTECH mobo owners out there? 7VJL1?

DannyLarry

Dec 31, 2000
I'm trying to assess my cpu temp. readings on this mobo with an Athlonxp 2200+. No oc'ing on this sys. I have jumped the mobo to 133 fsb for the cpu.

My readings are always between 50-55C according to BIOS, regardless of load....

ANYONE WITH DATA?

DL

MatthewF01

Mar 1, 2002
sounds within reason. Im running their Nforce2 board, the 7NJS (which i LOOVE)

i generally get 54-58c with my modified coolermaster HHC-001

DannyLarry

Dec 31, 2000
That's interesting... Seems a bit hot though, doesn't it?

ANYONE ELSE?

I'm debating putting some Arctic Silver3 on there as a retrofit, my 2200+ seems to run hot at 55C routinely. I just have the stock retial hsf unit on there with the questionably adequate thermal grease that it comes with...

DL

MatthewF01

Mar 1, 2002
why are you asking for 'anyone else'? what are you looking for in terms of an answer

yes, the temperatures are high, probably higher than what you may be used to. This, however is because this motherboard reads the CPU temperatures from the internal diode within AMD Athlon XP cpu's. Obviously, temps will read higher because they are MORE ACCURATE. They are measuring the actual temperature of the core, NOT THE TEMPERATURE OF THE AIR UNDERNEATH THE CPU SOCKET.

So theres no need to worry! Your temperatures are fine! In fact, they are better than mine! I am getting 61 right now, running at 215x8.5 at 1.675volts.

Theoretically, youre safe up to 90c, when Athlons go up in smoke.

But if your temperatures are REALLY worrying you that much, get a HSF with an 80mm fan pushing at or more than 34cfm and youre set. Case cooling can help too.

No worries my man!

EDIT: oh yes, almost forgot. Either A) buy a new HSF all-together, or B) CLEAN OFF THE CRAP ON THE STOCK HEATSINK! That stuff is the worst! Especially to remove from the core, I hear. Clean it off VERY WELL, then put on some AS3 and youre done.