any canon g2 owners out there

davettt

Banned
Jul 7, 2002
i got my new g2 a couple of days ago having previously owned a fuji 6900,i have tried using autofocus according to manual ,camera is set to auto and press button halfway but when i do there is no beeps or green /orange lights and no attempt to focus just a clunking? sound,if ijust press the button full down it takes a pic but again no attempt to focus,is there a problem with cam or am i doin somethin wrong

kgraeme

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2000
No major problems with autofocus on my G2. It sometimes has issues with flat solid colored surfaces, but that's common.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I have my G2 right in front of me now. If I turn it on in AUTO mode with the LCD on, I just point the camera at the object I want to take a picture of, push the shutter button down half-way, and the top light to the left of the viewfinder turns orange and does not blink. Also, the focus point box in the middle of the LCD turns green. I hear no sound at all. After the picture is taken, the top light to the left of the viewfinder flashes green.

Hope that helps.

WW

Golden Member
Jun 21, 2001

My G2 doesn't clunk. I think you got a defective one. Return it as soon as possible (don't do the warranty service, get a new one from the store you bought it at).

davettt

Banned
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
I have my G2 right in front of me now. If I turn it on in AUTO mode with the LCD on, I just point the camera at the object I want to take a picture of, push the shutter button down half-way, and the top light to the left of the viewfinder turns orange and does not blink. Also, the focus point box in the middle of the LCD turns green. I hear no sound at all. After the picture is taken, the top light to the left of the viewfinder flashes green.

Hope that helps.

yeh it helps i dont really notice any sound now but no lights or anything to indicate focussing,i have evrything set right i think single mode autofocus,auto mode so i gotta send it back tomorrow by post,the lcd screen justn kinda blinks thats all