Any Canadians Order through Borderfree.com??

TheNewGuy

Feb 16, 2001
Just wondering people's opinions of ordering from the U.S. through Borderfree.com....

Thanks in advance...

Dave

SaturnX

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Yep, that's how I bought my GeForce 2 Pro 64MB DDR from NewEgg. I got the card quickly (within a week) and was well, I was billed the exact amout my BorderFree quote said I would be, could be better.

--Mark

nortexoid

Diamond Member
May 1, 2000
excellent service...bought my case from directron...takes longer to ship, obviously...

but no bullshit...u get a quote for how much it costs (including everyting), u confirm or reject it, and the rest is done...

Scouzer

Lifer
Jun 3, 2001
Errr, with the products without a detailed spec link, how do you select them?

TheNewGuy

Feb 16, 2001
Well, comparing prices from Futureshop, the only place in Canada where I can find the BA 4800's, there's about $60 difference...Futureshop $310 including taxes, shipping, Best Buy $251 including shipping and duties.

Scouzer....copy the info for the product (ie if you go to Newegg.com where they have multiple listings on the same page) in the detail section, and they get back to you....this looks really appealing...

Dave

Pyro

Banned
Sep 2, 2000
wow, I've never heard of this place before.

I should try it next time I can't find something local

jagr10

Golden Member
Jan 21, 2001
watch out for their shipping charges! They charge like $30 for shipping! SOMetimes they have free shipping deals, but not often. I was turned off by the $30 shipping. It has to be a really good deal to pay $30 more.

TheNewGuy

Feb 16, 2001
Jagr10...thats true, but in some cases, the prices are still cheaper. For example, the speakers I am looking at, the Boston Acoustics, are $60 cheaper (including duties, taxes, and shipping) ordering through Borderfree.com than they are in Canada through Futureshop.ca....

In other cases, I priced a Radeon LE, and it was a few dollars more when converted...

Dave

JaiKnight

Feb 6, 2000
I've had nothing but excellent service from Borderfree, if you're Canadian, definately try using them if you're buying from the US! There shipping is a little higher than you might expect, but only if you forget that they also go through customs and processing. Take advantage of those free shipping deals when they pop up ;)