Any BMX/freestyle riders here?

Aug 26, 2004
i used to ride when i was younger, but i haven't in about 6 or 7 years...i'm looking at picking up a 20" bike to start playing with again...but i don't know what is decent stuff any more...suggestions on a prebuilt freestyle or bmx bike for $200-$300 would be much appreciated :)

well, i bought a haro f4...i'm having fun with it...just rode across town and back...about a 5 or 6 mile round trip...i was so tired by the time i was halfway home again i just sat on the seat and coasted as much as possible...oh well, hopefully after a month or so, i'll start getting better again...i was able to ride a wheelie for about a half block though, not bad for my first time on a bike in 6 years :D

thx for the advice guys :)

JRock

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2001
I am partial to Haro but Schwin is up there now and Hoffman bikes are nice too

Systxm

Nov 28, 2004
I used to ride some dirt until some jack@ss w/ a 4-wheeler and a plow came and fvcked up our jumps..grrrr

jonnyGURU

Moderator <BR> Power Supplies
Oct 30, 1999
Originally posted by: JRock
I am partial to Haro but Schwin is up there now and Hoffman bikes are nice too

Continue to be partial to Haro. They're a real bike company.

Schwinn is part of the Pacific "Crappy bikes @ Target and Walmart" company. Have you SEEN their bikes lately?!?! I used to make fun of Schwinn Predators in the '80's. Now I wish the bikes were even half that good!

I have a Kastan aluminum with a Landing Gear fork, Suzue hubs w/ 7X rims, Profile cranks. For my wife, I built an Akisu 4130 frame/fork with SR Turbox cranks, Bullseye hubs w/ Sun rims and UniSeat.

Haven't ridden either in ages though. Used to be fun to go downtown and do acid drops off of loading docks and ride down stairs and parking garages. :D

Aug 26, 2004
Originally posted by: jonnyGURU
Originally posted by: quakefiend420
bump cause i'm about to have a heart attack

Why? Overexerting yourself?

yeah, i think i'm gonna take a break for a couple days...i kinda overdid it yesterday...i was upset about what was about to happen and taking it out on myself through the bike :eek: