Any Better Alternatives Then DriveCleaner.net?

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Two things I don't like about DriveCleaner, it's not free anymore, and you need to install .net to use it. So I'd like to know if there are any better alternatives that will do the job good, but so far I'm not seeing this...

I've run 3 versions of DriveCleaner, and Drive Sweeper, and I still have some of XG 169.17 drivers somewhere in the box, that I don't know.

Everytime I boot up I get this:

http://img206.imageshack.us/my...?image=77155692gl0.jpg

This is nutts these cleaners should of cleaned everything out, and they haven't... :(

Sylvanas

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2004
Did you run Driversweeper with Admin privs? I have used the Tweakforce drivers before and had Driversweeper clean them out no prob (not even needing to boot safe mode). Check in the Driversweeper options that you tell Driversweeper to remove the C:/Nvidia folder along with any other options you think need checking.

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
The old version of Drive Cleaner Pro that was free doesn't work with the latest Nvidia drivers...

Sylvanas, yes, well the problem seems to be that the programs left behind an inf file...

THANKS

Sylvanas

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2004
Originally posted by: DasFox
The old version of Drive Cleaner Pro that was free doesn't work with the latest Nvidia drivers...

Sylvanas, yes, well the problem seems to be that the programs left behind an inf file...

THANKS

In the C:/Nvidia folder? Have you tried manually deleting the files? Delete the whole folder, and there should be similar registry keys- then windows should boot up, not find the INF and load generic drivers like it is supposed to. From there you should be good to install any other drivers.

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
The inf was in C:\WINDOWS\inf and Windows was seeing it at bootup.

Anyhow I deleted it, and as far as I can tell everything was gone then...

Anyhow I moved onto another set of drivers to play with...

THANKS

ZimZum

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2001
Ive had viruses that were easier to get rid of than nVidia drivers............................good luck.