Any BD players support HBO Go?

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
I'm looking at buying another BD player for our MBR, but I also need something capable of playing HBO Go for my entertainment center. Ideally, I'd like to buy a BD player that supports HBO Go and then put that in my entertainment center and move the Panasonic BD player there up to my MBR (I have a Roku in the MBR as well). Do any BD players currently support HBO Go, or am I going to have to buy another Roku as well?

Sep 12, 2004
Some of the Samsung BD players can do HBO Go but your cable/sat provider has to support it. Allegedly, most currently do except for Comcast. If you have DirecTV or FIOS you would be good to go.

Edit: By support it I mean specifically support HBO Go on Samsung devices. Comcast users report that while they can get HBO Go on their phone, laptop, iPad, etc. they can't get it on their Samsung devices that have the HBO Go app built-in. Supposedly it is due to a spat between Comcast and Samsung regarding their xfinity app.

Last edited:

MisterPinchy

Nov 8, 2007
TastesLikeChicken, would you mind sharing one or two of the Samsung blu-ray player models that have HBO GO? I have a BD-D6700 and it's not on mine. Is it the newest models only?

Sep 12, 2004
TastesLikeChicken, would you mind sharing one or two of the Samsung blu-ray player models that have HBO GO? I have a BD-D6700 and it's not on mine. Is it the newest models only?
I was basing that off of some old information that I saw a while back when I found out that my Samsung TV supports it through the smart apps. Samsung was supposed to be rolling it out to their BD players with smart app capability as well but, after doing some checking, Samsung is either dragging their feet or they aren't going to do it at all for their BD players.