Any athletes here use Biotest Surge?

Booty

Aug 4, 2000
This stuff is an awesome post-workout drink, for those who haven't heard of or used it... but it's out of stock everywhere, and I'm just about out. It should be back "any day now", but I don't want to run out of post-workout drinks in the meantime, so...

Anyone use a similar product? I've used ABB Mass Recovery in the past, so I might just try that, but I'm looking for suggestions.

I'm not looking for answers like "just drink a normal protein shake" or anything like that... I have normal protein powders that I can use if I absolutely have to. Surge has a very specific formula that aids in absorption/delivery - I'm no scientist, but I know from experience that it makes a difference that I can feel.

bluehorizon

Jun 25, 2004
Originally posted by: Booty
This stuff is an awesome post-workout drink, for those who haven't heard of or used it... but it's out of stock everywhere, and I'm just about out. It should be back "any day now", but I don't want to run out of post-workout drinks in the meantime, so...

Anyone use a similar product? I've used ABB Mass Recovery in the past, so I might just try that, but I'm looking for suggestions.

I'm not looking for answers like "just drink a normal protein shake" or anything like that... I have normal protein powders that I can use if I absolutely have to. Surge has a very specific formula that aids in absorption/delivery - I'm no scientist, but I know from experience that it makes a difference that I can feel.

Oh...my...god. The only thing you can feel are you pockets getting lighter from spending obscene amounts of money on gimmicky sports supplements. Why people are so stupid as to fall for marketing hype is beyond me. If you knew anything from experience, you wouldn't buy that crap in the first place.

Nothing beats REAL food after a workout. Grilled chicken with rice, fish with veggies, etc. NOT incredibly overpriced liquid crap.

Booty

Aug 4, 2000
I'll keep this short. Your post was the exact type of post I wanted to avoid. I don't want your opinion on the pros/cons of supplements. I don't feel like I need to explain my reasoning for taking them, but in order to avoid anymore useless replies, I want to take in a large number of calories to gain muscle mass - in the neighborhood of 5000+ a day. I don't have the time to prepare, let alone eat, enough food to cover that, so I rely on supplements for *some* of my calories. I still eat lots of chicken, fish, rice, pasta, veggies, etc. The supplements aren't all marketing hype - they work for me, and if you took a good hard look at the nutritional values, most of them aren't all that expensive compared to the cost of the meal (+ prep time, since my time is worth a lot of money) you'd have to eat to get the same nutrients.

See, the post-workout drink is only a small part of the big picture - the product is designed to be used immediately after a workout so your muscles have the nutrients they need to recover and grow. So I can have that right after the workout, then move on to dinner... it's not a meal replacement. But I guess some people are stuck believing it's all marketing hype, so, whatever... it works for me.

So I've said my piece regarding supplements. If anyone out there has any suggestions on a post-workout drink, I'm all ears. Thanks.

edit: I realize my first post came off sounding like a marketing-influenced zombie. Let's put it this way, I've actually seen better results while using supplements... I'd really like to try to closely meaure my progress while varying my diet to see what things are actually working for me, but that's another thing I just don't have time for. So for now, I just have to trust what I feel works.