Any Arizona State Grads Here??

BKR

Mar 18, 2002
Since I know who's from So Cal now...figured I would give this one a shot.

BKR

Mar 18, 2002
Good enough for me...great school

Let me tell you, can't beat the partying and the women.

Excellent choice!!

GooberPHX420

Banned
Jan 13, 2002
Originally posted by: BKR
Good enough for me...great school

Let me tell you, can't beat the partying and the women.

Excellent choice!!

Thanks, Im going to comm college for 2 years first to save money, but them Im probably goin into the dorms.

And yes, ASU was party school of the nation 4 or 5 times in the last 10 years. And yes, the women are hot.

squirrelman

Jan 1, 2001
Please allow me to retort. I went to ASU for one semster and left because I hated it. Dont get me wrong I love Arizona its the school I hated. If you care about learning dont waste your time you are better of somewhere else. If you care about partying and drinking you couldnt find a better place. Now the classes werent bad from what I experienced, but you can really tell what the vast majority of the people really care about there. Its a very shallow school if you ask me. I must say though it has a very beautiful campus.

GooberPHX420

Banned
Jan 13, 2002
squirrel, good to know.

Do you have any experience with NAU or UofA? I dont really wanna go out of state for college, and sure as hell dont wanna get my degree from a comm college

BKR

Mar 18, 2002
Well I don't necessarily agree with that I felt that I received a quality education there as well as a good social life, many of their programs are nationally ranked in the top 25 depending on what you want to study. I guess I don't necessarily know any different seeing as that's the only school I went to, but I feel it was a solid choice and I certainly wouldn't change my mind if I could do it all again.

squirrelman

Jan 1, 2001
Umm well actually I am from Illinois not Arizona, so Arizona State was an out of school for me. The vibe I got from University of Arizona was that it was somewhat more serious how so I dont know, and they seemed to focus on science it seemed. I didnt waste time at Northern Arizona because that isnt the kind of school you go to from out of state. You may like ASU if you are a very extroverted person who loves partying non stop. That just isnt me and I would wager the majority of the people on this board.

milagro

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2001
Went to UofA and felt it was a solid school with a lot to offer...can't really give a fair comparison of it to ASU but generallly i like Tucson far better than Phoenix..and if you need to go to Phoenix for a concert or something, its a relatively short drive away...

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
i have a friend that got his first bachelors at UofA and now he is attending ASU. seems to me he liked UofA more but that was just out of HS. He says that ASU is pretty tough though (IT degree).

I've known plenty of grads from both ASU and UofA and they enjoyed both schools respectively.

Peetoeng

Golden Member
Dec 21, 2000

Tucson is prettier (surrounded by mountains) and a bit cooler (in arizona climate that is) than Tempe. I find UofA grassy area, lined with palm trees) in the center of the campus to be very memorable. They have a reputable Optical science, MIS and ECE, easily tops that of ASU. I was in Mech. Engr, I don't know the ranking of UofA social sciences.

UofA has about 35k students, ASU about 40k. Regardless which one you choose, with large number of students they're plenty of hot babes and after-hour traps available around campus. If you don't like UofA, you can always join the sunDEVILs.

If you're from out of state and want to save some money, get your lower-level-non-major courses from local community colleges like Pima or Maricopa community college. It was about $60/hr for summer courses.