Any airshow fans here??

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
It has been a difficult time for airshows (big shocker) this year...For the Fort Worth's show this year, they were allowed to have it if it was a 'drive-in' type experience where you just stayed by your car (and they double space each car so you have room next to it for chairs and help maintain proper social distance). Also with the stipulation that you alway wore a mask except when you are in the car or eating/drinking. This rule didn't seem to be heavily enforced though... there were no static displays but there was a food vendor and porta potties for your section.

Overall, it wasn't bad and defintely better than not having an airshow...with that being said, here are some of my pics from the show...

DSC08250_Enhancer.jpg
DSC08451_Enhancer.jpgDSC08027_Optimizer.jpgDSC06836_Optimizer.jpgDSC08176_Enhancer.jpgDSC09143_Enhancer.jpgDSC05558_Enhancer.jpgDSC00743_Enhancer.jpgDSC01121.jpgDSC01009A_Enhancer.jpg

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Count me in. I used to go each year to the Barksdale AFB in northern Louisiana. It was a big annual event with a lot of folks from OK, TX, AR, and LA. You were able to climb in a lot of airplanes on display except the expensive ones/main atrractions like F-22's, Thunderbirds, Blue Angels, and such.

Then it changed to bi-annually a couple years ago because of cost and manpower. And now it is gone for now because of COVID. <sad panda>

I still have a few pictures but don't have any server to post them on. Pics.bzzdddd is gone.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Remember going to one as a kid, lot of cool planes on display such as the big water bomber planes. And snowbirds doing stunts. Similar to those jets actually. Crazy the stunts they can pull off. Takes serious skill.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Thanks for the pics. I used to go more often. Abbotsford was probably the last big airport show I attended.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Growing up on USAF bases, I used to go to the base air show every year...USUALLY held on Armed Forces Day. (3rd Saturday in May, often the entire weekend)
Was planning to to the one at Fairchild AFB on Sunday in 1980...turned out, Mount Saint Helens had other plans for me that day. (May 18, 1980)
Hit the air show at Hill AFB a couple of times in the early 80's, haven't been to one since.

JeepinEd

Dec 12, 2005
I live near Edwards AFB and they were supposed to have their first air show in several years. Due to COVID, they turned it into a "Virtual" air show. Live stream, with flyovers covering Lancaster and Palmdale. Overall it sucked. Part of the problem was that I live too far from the flight path, so I only saw a few planes from far away. Not much different from what I see on a regular basis.