Antstream (Vintage Gaming), anyone else try it and hate it?

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
I decided to give it a go with the free trial, and I have to say, for me I was unimpressed. Dont like the layout for the game menu, and you have to "trick" it to get it to show all the games in the section, for it will not show the whole list of games, unless I click on one, and then the banner on top shows it finally. Check it out, HERE, and let me know if for some reason it just wasnt displaying right, or working right in general for me, but it does for you.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Have to admit, Not really much of a "vintage" gamer (vintage for me being the 90's and earlier). I did a lot of gaming as a kid in those years but don't have a strong sense of returning to those games and ruining the nostalgia.

Anything pre-90's is more like prehistoric gaming as far as I'm concerned and it doesn't really do anything for me either way.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Im ok with some of the older games from my youth, but for pc games Im more 95 and up to go back to and play for a while. They seem to have a "ok" selection there, but with the problems with the interface and selections of the games, it just didnt seem to be worth $10 a month to me, imo.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I dont have much nostalgia, but I will admit to having a warm fuzzy for some old games, and the times surrounding them.
But every once in a while I go back and actually try to play one of them, am unpleasantly reminded how not fun they truly were.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Is there any reason to pay for something that you can just as easily play through MAME? Or maybe I'm missing something obvious here.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Is there any reason to pay for something that you can just as easily play through MAME? Or maybe I'm missing something obvious here.

Only thing I can see is for people who dont know how to use mame, or can find any roms for it, and would just want to pay and play, but that other site I found just messing around has more then enough games on it with all kinds of old consoles, more then that pay site can even come close to doing, and its free, so I dont see a reason for it at all anymore. Unless people couldnt find that site I found, for I wasnt looking for it, and Im not sure what I was looking for when I come across it, but its there, and with having 1K up and down, I saw no lag at all when playing, for I played a few that would mess up my game play if it had any lag at all, and I noticed nothing at all. I had some old school fun, and try a few every day just to keep my mind going when nothing more to do around here.