Antivirus for Windows Server 2003 x64 SP2

Spicedaddy

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2002
I purchased and downloaded CA's etrust antivirus corporate r8, and it gives an error when installing :( (and it's supposed to support Server 2003 x64...)

So I try installing the r8.1 trial of the same software, and that works fine, but it won't accept the key I just purchased, so it'll expire in 30 days.

Anyone know a reliable Antivirus for this OS?

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
1st. Call CA's tech support about that key not working on corporate 8.1

2nd. If that does not yield results, try NOD32, works in XP Pro x64, not that big of a leap.

Spicedaddy

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2002
I think I figured it out... The installer for r8.0 I downloaded from their site only has the 32-bit version. (the r8.1 trial installer was much bigger)

I googled a bit and found their ftp with the r8.0 ISO, that should work in x64 and accept my key.

The server's for a small clinic, and the guy who bought the computers thought it would be a good idea to get x64 for it. :confused: I couldn't get it to print to a shared HP Laserjet since there's no x64 drivers for it, then the antivirus wouldn't install even though the CA web site said it supported the OS... :disgust:

Then I got home and checked the requirements for their medical software, and it doesn't list any x64 OS! :D Oh well, not my fault.